Reynella East College Football (Soccer)

lorluc

Hi Lorluc,

Does the child HAVE to attend REC? It looks like Woodcroft Primary won't be doing soccer this year and my 7 year old is devastated! We're struggling to find a team for him anywhere.

Liz

Oh, no-one is taking it over? The people who run it, (you probably know them if your son played last year) their kids were Year 7 last year so have all left to go to High school. My son played for Woodcroft Pirmary last year (U13) but attended REC. So it is possible to attend one school and play for another, but obviously the students of the school get preference before others from other schools.

I would get in touch with other local primary schools in the area, like Braeview, Reynella South etc and see if they can help your son out.

Sorry i cant help any further

Sadly we are not doing teams as young as age 7.

Hi Lorluc,

my boy is yr7 at pimpala primary and will be going to REC next yr would he be able to come along and register?

HI,

Unfortunately that's not my decision, allowing kids from other schools will depend largely on the response we get from our own kids. I can certainly get in touch with you when we know what response we get tomorrow and in the coming days if thats okay. :)

At the moment, we have no clue what response there will be, and if we get enough kids to make a team in any of the age groups, will also need coaches.

Guest thestewarts912
HI,

Unfortunately that's not my decision, allowing kids from other schools will depend largely on the response we get from our own kids. I can certainly get in touch with you when we know what response we get tomorrow and in the coming days if thats okay. :)

At the moment, we have no clue what response there will be, and if we get enough kids to make a team in any of the age groups, will also need coaches.

Hi lorluc

Yes indeed please let us know if there is available space for my son, i realise that REC come first but if any places become available my son would be very keen to join. Husband did a bit of coaching, if it fitted in with everything else he would probably help. :smile:

maxine

We will be there Lorluc...my son didn't get any letter about it though so I only know about it through seeing it on here. My son said his friends didn't know anything about it today either but hopefully word will have got round.Cheers Aly.

Oh i dont understand why they knew nothing about it? we had flyers put up and also in classes. Maybe it just didnt get through to all, we are doing it from Year 6 (which is obviously the primary school) upwards.

Thanks for the update Lorluc. Kris and Jeff have stepped down as you know and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can or is willing to take over :( Will try other primary schools.

I thought someone was taking it over?? I'm sure at presentations it was announced someone was doing it?