Sorry I haven't been around much of late :)

Guest ali

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and everything is where it is supposed to be. :smile: I know that I haven't been posting anything for the past few weeks but it is not intentional. I have been working a lot of hours without any days off (today was supposed to be my day off and I was still summoned to work early in the morning!) and when I get off work the legs and body are so worn out that consuming dinner (at around 11 PM to 12 midnight) becomes hard for me. I am not whinging though. It is all going ahead according to plan and I'm happy that I'm employed. :smile:

Life in Adelaide has had its ups and downs but I still love it and think I made the right decision to move to Australia. My brother will be moving to Brisbane from New Zealand by the end of March so we will be at least in the same country and that is very encouraging.

I promise to be more active once I find a job with better hours. After all PIA feels like home. :smile:

I wish everyone who is in the process of planning or making the journey down under the best of luck. And I wish my dear friends who are already here a fabulous summer! :smile:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest Haythem Hassan

good to hear from you again ali :)

wish you all the best in the current job and in your coming job, your dream job :)

I'm waiting for the golden email, wish me luck and hopefully we meet soon in adelaide .....

good to hear from you again ali :)

wish you all the best in the current job and in your coming job, your dream job :)

I'm waiting for the golden email, wish me luck and hopefully we meet soon in adelaide .....

Thank you Haythem. The dream job is self-employment with a lot of new (sort of) creative ideas in conducting business. That will come some day as well:smile:

Good luck with the 'golden email'! I hope you receive it very soon:smile:

Ali

Yeah!! Come on mate - pull your finger out - your followers want updates!!!!!!!

Have a great birthday weekend:jiggy::jiggy::biggrin:

LOL Tyke. I don't know about followers but I'll do my best to be more active. :smile: Thank you for the birthday wishes. I'll be a good boy (I'll try) :biglaugh:

Ali

I have always thought you have such a great attitude to the migration rollercoaster ride, like you say there are always ups and downs but keep up the good work Ali.

Thank you Jessica:smile: Well without ups and downs we are as good as machines anyway.:wink: Thank you for thinking of me so highly. It makes me only stronger:smile:

Ali

Glad you are still enjoying the life here but i do hope you soon find a job with more sociable hours - don't wear yourself out Ali!

Thank you guys:smile: I'm waiting to hear back from some employers. If I get something better then that's a bonus and if not well I'll continue trying to get what I want:smile: When the time allows we should all get together:smile:

Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Don't work too hard Ali........you won't be able to enjoy your time!

Keep safe.

I wish it was that easy.:biglaugh: Yes you are right, I need to relax a bit. Well I go out late at night with some colleagues or friends but that is almost about it. And I try to make the most of it:smile:

When are you making the move? :smile:

I wish it was that easy.:biglaugh: Yes you are right, I need to relax a bit. Well I go out late at night with some colleagues or friends but that is almost about it. And I try to make the most of it:smile:

When are you making the move? :smile:

Still waiting for our hose to sell! The market is dead in the UK and isn't getting any better.

Well it's all happening for a reason!

Keep safe Ali.

Guest guest8040

Can you not rent Mis? We've had to do it because of the market, not ideal but we've got a tenant already (don't leave for a month) and although we won't make anything on the house it means we have a foot on the property ladder somewhere in the world until things improve

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting for our hose to sell! The market is dead in the UK and isn't getting any better.

Well it's all happening for a reason!

Keep safe Ali.

Good luck! I am anticipating some very good news from you guys and have my fingers crossed. Hopefully you will be on your way sooner than later :smile:

Stay in touch and sorry for the late reply. I get almost one day off a week and for the most of it I'm sleeping or then go out at nights. Promise to be around more. :smile:

Cheers, :smile:

Ali

Ali,

Had the pleasure of meeting you after the red legs game at the Colonist on Easter Thursday. You have so much energy and vitality and optimism it had a real effect on us. Fair play to you and keep up with the dreams. It is only a matter of time. Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

Good luck! I am anticipating some very good news from you guys and have my fingers crossed. Hopefully you will be on your way sooner than later :smile:

Stay in touch and sorry for the late reply. I get almost one day off a week and for the most of it I'm sleeping or then go out at nights. Promise to be around more. :smile:

Cheers, :smile:

Ali

Ali,

Had the pleasure of meeting you after the red legs game at the Colonist on Easter Thursday. You have so much energy and vitality and optimism it had a real effect on us. Fair play to you and keep up with the dreams. It is only a matter of time. Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you guys at the Coly :smile: And I wish that everyone of you on this forum keep on dreaming and making it. By the way, what a small world. Who would've thought? :smile:

Ali

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I was made redundant a few weeks ago as the company started selling its business. Not much luck in finding anything in my area of work and some people have suggested that I change my name to a 'white' name so I would at least land an interview. Well, I will never do that, what is the point of a multicultural society if I have to be something I'm not? :smile:

I have started working at the Yiros House in Rundle Street (Fridays and Saturdays) and it is just enough to pay my rent. Still applying for jobs even though I have received so many rejection letters that I've lost count! Haha Will start a security course next week and wait 3 months for my license to be issued and then hopefully land something in security. In the mean time will be doing some hospitality courses.

I am not dismayed about moving to Australia but I have a feeling that Adelaide with its conservative governing body (State Government and all the City Councils) does not wish to change. I will meet my obligations to the state and after that I will leave Adelaide. I've done 10 years of management and ever since arriving I've been mopping floors and now serving yiros! My best hope is to get something in security (bounce at night clubs at 35 years of age) and maybe serve coffee somewhere if anyone hires me. When I moved to Adelaide I thought it would be hard to land a job in my field but I didn't ever think that it would be impossible! In my 8 months here I've had not even one interview! (2 door-to-door interviews and one with smokemart which is owned by a fellow Middle Eastern immigrant!) It is very funny how my Aussie and non-Aussie friends tell me that people HAVE to hire me because of my personality and knowledge but non of them are willing to put in a good word for me! Adelaide may attract non-white immigrants but to me, it is still racist even though not many people have been name-calling me here!

Those who know me, know that I'm a fighter and I don't give up. But, by the time I manage to get my PR, if Adelaide is still the same oh boy, I'm so out of here! I moved here because the state government thought that they needed marketers or marketing managers here. Well, where are the jobs then? Why am I not being invited to interviews? There is nothing wrong with my resume, I've changed it and changed it...Basically people that come here with my visa (state sponsorship, 475) are on their own. I'm just tired a bit I guess. And maybe a bit frustrated.

Thanks for asking how I'm doing. I didn't want to post anything here as I was hoping for some miracle so I would share some good news with everyone.

Ali

Sorry to hear things are not going brilliantly for you jobwise, Ali, you certainly deserve the best with your attitude. I was talking to a guy working in Vodafone the other day - he had loads of qualifications and experience in banking and finance, and hadn't been able to find anything in those fields in the four years he's been here. Don't limit your job search to Adelaide - if something comes up in Melbourne for instance, go for it - I think the "staying in SA" thing is not an obligation, only 'preferred' so put yourself first if something comes up.