Time changes

Guest Leanne & Mark

Guest Leanne & Mark

Right ok, Confusion over Daylight Saving Time in Australia and New Zealand

Published 28-Mar-2008

Many Australians and New Zealanders will wait until April 6, 2008, to wind their clocks back due to a daylight saving schedule extension. However, this extension does not apply to states including Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory.

Mixed Daylight Saving Schedule

From March 30, 2008, to April 6, 2008, Western Australia will be three hours behind Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales, and 2.5 hours behind South Australia. This is due to these states concluding daylight saving one week after Western Australia. While the above-mentioned states have extended their daylight saving time to finish on April 6, 2008, Western Australia still maintains its daylight saving end date for March 30, 2008.

New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory have synchronized their times to minimize disruptions regarding business, communication and transportation. On April 6, 2008, they will turn their clocks back from 3am to 2am in their local time zones. The states of Queensland and the Northern Territory do not observe daylight saving time.

In New Zealand, daylight saving also ends on April 6, 2008, when clocks are put back one hour from 3am to 2am. Daylight saving time begins again on September 28, 2008, when clocks go forward one hour from 2am to 3am in their local time zones.

New Zealand Minister of Internal Affairs Rick Barker said the decision to extend daylight saving meant people would have an extra hour of daylight in the evenings from late September to early April to enjoy the outdoors. The decision builds upon the extra half an hour already built into New Zealand's time throughout the year

so if the uk go forward this sunday 1 hour - there will be 9 1/2 hrs diff, then Adelaides go back the following sunday April 6th and then will become 8 1/2 hours. ???? right?? no!!

Confused !!!! twitcy.gif

me too, have a gd day

Guest Leanne & Mark

Just checkin....cos i've polished off a full bottle of Gallo whilst in PiO chat room, .........where was i ...oh yeah did i get the difference right??

gotta phone Adelaide nx wk dont wanna call at 4am ....lol

Guest Guest75
Just checkin....cos i've polished off a full bottle of Gallo whilst in PiO chat room, .........where was i ...oh yeah did i get the difference right??

gotta phone Adelaide nx wk dont wanna call at 4am ....lol

That would be messy - calling at wrong time and wrong end of bottle of wine.

I've had some mistaken time calls here - not funny when you have a hangover:wacko::goofy: