Help = how to fill an afternoon in McLaren Vale?

Diane

Guest Jo&Phil

This may be too late but............. there are always a few wineries to visit! Wine tasting always works for me. Also plenty of nice places for lunch, coffees, afternoon tea etc There is also a Lavender place which has products for sale, Red Poles has art gallery as well as food, nearby Willunga good wandering, beach is nearby .............. www.mclarenvale.info may help Have fun

Guest Tina P

HI,

Start off at the Visitors Centre as you come into Mclaren Vale, lots of suggestions and free maps. There is a cafe in the centre so you will be able to read up while having coffee and cake.

Tina

Guest Tina P

Also Serafino winery (Mclaren on the Lake) has a monster wine sale on today and tomorrow. Its 11am till 5pm with a free sausage sizzle and bouncy castle.

Thanks everyone, that's a great help, we will starty off at the visitors centre I think, hit up a few wineries, get some afternoon tea mid afternoon.... Is there a cheese place somewhere? I seem to remember passing it some time. Anywhere open after 5?

Leaving here just after lunch so all suggestions up to then most gratefully received!

Guest Guest75

There is a good cheese shop in the towm - here...........http://www.blessedcheese.com.au/

Brians Olive Shop a few doors away is well worth a visit as well.

Unless you are having a meal it all shuts down by 5. Perhaps have a drive over the beaches and have a wander??

Oh my goodness! What a lot of winos lol :rolleyes:

What about Bracegirdles? They are open until 9 or 10pm, I think, and serve wonderfully yummy food as well as the most delicious hot chilli choc (good for today!), cakes etc.

It's a nice, relaxed place with friendly people. IMO, it's got it all! (might even be some alcohol there.....!)

Hope you all have fun, whatever you decide Diane :)

:wubclub: LC

PS. Just looked at the time, think I've missed you :( sorry!

Thanks everyone - and LC, thought I'd have a quick check just before we left so thanks for those suggestions too!

Might definitely have to stop at Bracegirdles!

Think the plan now includes a few wineries, a bit of cheese and chocolate, maybe a few lavender stops, and then hopefully a bite to eat before picking other half up from his Brewers' "Bring a Case of Your Home Brew" Convention!

Just a quick update - thanks again everyone for the great suggestions. Ended up spending the majority of time at Ekhidna Winery: great staff, lovely wines and good food and very pleasant sitting out by the vines in the sunshine.

did you try their alcoholic ginger beer or even better their 'half and half' (half ginger beer half beer)?

Daniel

lol Daniel - no, I didn't - my OH brewed some (slightly alcoholic) ginger beer and got most upset when I wouldn't try it and pointed out that after 25 years of being married to me he should know by now that I dislike both beer and ginger!! Ekhidna's white shiraz on the other hand and sticky date pudding were extremely pleasant:jiggy:

Guest moviemummy

Sorry, not been on for a while...you could have come to my salon to have your hair done! Hope hair and Beauty, main street, Mclaren Vale 0439 043286.

L x