good news and bad news

duncan-clan

the good news is the duncan-clan will be leaving crappy uk on wednesday 16th april at 22:05 from heathrow terminal 3 (no way term 5) and arrive friday 18th any one else going on that day as we might see you at heathrow.......... now the bad news my container leaves the same day as me but dont arrive until june 2nd then there is the customs clearence then i get mt stuff :arghh: but i must keep thinking to myself ive work very hard to get to this stage for my family and i will just have to spend a lot of time at the beach drinking beer and having a bar-b-q

alex

Guest steve&tracy

best of luck with the flight .well done on getting this far now the fun begins.

see you overthere soon hopefully. Be round for a barbie A.S.A.P.

Guest steve&tracy

thanks for that we are hoping to be out by end june as we have case officer and medicals on there way.fingers crossed.What line of work are you in? and what area are you planning on renting

Guest jill wright
Jill we would love to meet up with you when we get out there.

We have just lodged our 475 visa application on line so hopefully shouldn't be too far behind you. Hoping to settle Hallett cove or Aldinga but depends I suppose on where the work is. It's good to get to know people on here though and like i said meet up on the other (sunny) side

jill

Guest steve&tracy

I must admit mawson lakes looks really nice on there web site loads to do e.t.c. We will look up that way but at the moment we have booked a rental down south for 3 months at first and will spend time looking at all areas, to see what suits us best.

Guest Devon

i will just have to spend a lot of time at the beach drinking beer and having a bar-b-q

alex

Hate to burst your bubble but make sure you bring lots of lovely warm clothing and umbrellas :arghh: winds of up to 90km and loadsa lovely needed rain hitting Adelaide today

Guest donna T
i will just have to spend a lot of time at the beach drinking beer and having a bar-b-q

alex

Hate to burst your bubble but make sure you bring lots of lovely warm clothing and umbrellas :arghh: winds of up to 90km and loadsa lovely needed rain hitting Adelaide today

Tell me about it - I woke up this morning to find my umberella, table and chairs all in the pool - and it was weighted down :err:

Guest soggy
look! whats a little bit of wind gonna do? its like that in england all the time we can cope with bad weather thats all england has we cant afford the sun wheen we do have any sun the counrty goes into melt down

alex

I believe there is a record breaking heatwave arranged for all new arrivals, or was I just lucky ?

Simon

You were just lucky Simon. by end of April normally it is fairly mild and will probably seem warm to you as youre coming from your Early Spring. Even if it a bit cooler than expected maybe you will just enjoy being here finally on the beach(no pebbles in sight) and putting the stress of your applications and move behind you. Beer and BBQs are welcome yr round.

We have been here 7 weeks tomorrow and yes the heat wave was unbearable and last night we had strong winds and today we have had rain and tonight hail stones !!!!!!. BUT I was still walking around in a t-shirt today. A very mixed last few weeks. We are all loving it and compared to the UK it is very warm and very comfortable. Bring a fleece or similar and come enjoy the lovely Australian Country. Looking out at the beach every morning and seeing the sunshine brightens up our days no end. We have made some new friends and have a better social life than in the UK already. The kids are happy and so is our little dog who survived his flight out here and his first stay in kennels. So far a great start for us, long may it continue.