Onkaparinga Hills
      61 times

6 months in ......

Where has the time gone??!!!!!

Can’t believe it is 6 months already! We arrived to a sunny Adelaide and were met by Dennis and Rene from Meet and Greet who took us to our short-term rental in Woodcroft. (Thanks Tyke!) They gave us the low down on what to get sorted – Medicare, Driving Licences etc and loads of info that would have taken us weeks to find out. Excellent service would definitely recommend it.

We were then collected by Ali from Aussie Car Rentals to pick up our hire car. Brian and Ali did us proud, we had arranged to rent a car for 2 weeks but as we bought a car during the first week they refunded us the second week rental in full.

The house was lovely and just what you need after a long flight, clean, comfortable and quiet and an ideal base to get over the jetlag.

The first few weeks was a blur of driving round the suburbs, spending time at the library on the internet looking for rentals and job hunting. We managed to secure the house next door as the occupants had bought a house and were looking to end their lease early (thanks guys).

Paul was lucky enough to secure employment within about 4 weeks so that was a big relief – one of our main worries was not finding work quickly. Emma started kindy (Woodcroft Children’s Centre) as well so it was really weird having them both out of the house after being together all of the time over the next few months.

We have met loads of new people both from AdBrits and from this site – it is hard to walk into a room of people who all know each other but they have all been really welcoming. And from kindy, work and just from getting chatting at the shops. We have found Aussies really friendly. I have just got involved with scouts as a leader in Morphett Vale, which is good fun and a good way of meeting people too. There are still people we have been meaning to get together with since we have arrived and we must arrange something soon!

I think we have been really lucky with the friends we have made and look forward to meeting more new friends as we go along. We all feel settled here and are glad we made the move. Just need to sell our house in the UK, the exchange rate to move in our favour and buy a house now!!!!

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      578 times

Great to hear things are going well and that you have settled in quickly!!! Makes us all the more anxious to get there though!

Hope things stay good for you! See ya soon!

Dan and Steph
      Last edited by scooterdan; 02-04-2008 at 07:01 AM.
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Hi Lea

Great to hear things are going well for you and cannot believe it is 6mths already. Guzzler just recently nagged me about sorting something out with you guys - not sure why he can't ask himself - boys will be boys!

He loves the shop you told him about - so a big thanks for that.

All the best for now and hope to see you soon -
      BTW, when are you going to send me your CV so I can look for you too????

Lots of love

donna T
      Congratulations on your first 6 months - time flies doesn't it? You seem to be well settled and I am sure that will continue. Well done and good luck with the next 6 months:v_SPIN:

4457 times
      Congrats on your first 6 months.
      I'd be suprised if you would have said anything else than you were settling happily here.
      Spotted it straight off that you were "naturals":D:D

The Pottertons
      Hi Lea, sounds like things are going really great or you. THese posts are always so helpful to us brits in the lengthy queue!!!! Sounds like you've made some great friends too. Hope we are as lucky!! Yvonnex

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums