Pets in paradise?????

Guest ozzy wannabe

Guest ozzy wannabe

Morning all

Whats the deal with this shop in both colonades and marion? those poor puppys in the window:( I want to take them all home but Joe would have a fit:arghh:!!

We are considering getting 1 though but are they healthly or are they farmed? any ideas on price for a maltease cross?

any info would be greatful

vicky

These shops are in almost every shopping centre. I don't know how they are bred but from experience you should always buy a puppy from the breeder so you see it with its mother. The puppy's temperament will be like the mothers.

Personally I would never buy a puppy from one of these shops but I know people who have and haven't had any problems.

Guest Libby1971

I knew the theory that you aren't supposed to buy a puppy without seeing its mum but my dog is from Pets Paradise.

The problem is that he was too cute. He is healthy, and gorgeous. What is the big disadvantage is that I had no concept of how big he would grow to be - which has been interesting...

Libby

Webought our dog from its litter and saw the mother and he turned out to be totally off his head and hyperactive, thankfully Jack Russells don't grow very big! The puppies you saw would be healthy, have usually had their first jabs, have been wormed etc and are old enough to be there. Some breeders overbreed from their dogs anyway and unless you are willing to pay $1000 for a dog with papers you will never be sure. The other thing you could do is look into a dog from the animal rescue. I think its down at Lonsdale. When you buy a dog or a cat from them, they desex it for you for a small fee.

Rachel

Guest Libby1971

We went to the Lonsdale RSPCA and they had a chihuahua and a St Bernard. I thought these were two extremes and came away without either.

I then bought Alfie and have ended up with a dog significantly nearer the St Bernard size than the chihuahua which is not what I expected.

Libby

Guest Nick11
We went to the Lonsdale RSPCA and they had a chihuahua and a St Bernard. I thought these were two extremes and came away without either.

I then bought Alfie and have ended up with a dog significantly nearer the St Bernard size than the chihuahua which is not what I expected.

Libby

Libby you ought to get them under the trades description act - you weren't sold a dog - YOU WERE SOLD A DONKEY!!!!He's huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of loving dogs waiting for a good home at the RSPCA and AWL - we got ours from awl at Wingfield - well worth the trip. Only cost $195 with all jabs done.

Hiya Vicky

My partner and I have two pups from Pets Paradise. Maltese Poodle was around $600 and Maltese Shi tzu was $500.

Looking back I wouldn't do it again although it is very tempting (I would try the pound or a breeder) but the pups are healthy, we have never had any problems and they come all included with discount at the vets for vaccinations. Woo!