Flies in the summer?

Guest guest7049

Guest guest7049

People often go on about the flies during the summer in places like Perth, does Adelaide suffer an invasion once the warm weather starts?

Cheers

Guest Guest75

I think it can vary from year to year as well.

When living in the hills we found that sudden wet spells meant sudden flies!

Tasty and persistent suckers though!

They really want to share your life / food/ nose/ inside of your glasses / computer monitor:arghh::arghh:

The Mosquito's are something else though!!!

Guest The Bells

Hi Guys

The mosquito's are my nightmare, every holiday they attack me ! What is it like for that? Obviously being a warm climate they will be around, but to what degree and when ??

cheers...

Guest Guest75
Hi Guys

The mosquito's are my nightmare, every holiday they attack me ! What is it like for that? Obviously being a warm climate they will be around, but to what degree and when ??

cheers...

They can be pretty bad for some people on the odd sultry summers evening - especially if near water or uncovered rain water tanks.

Everyone is different.

I've known people that are eaten alive in Europe be left alone here.

Edited by Guest75
shpeeling.

Guest Chelseadownunder

Flies are definately less here than I experienced in Sydney at Summer time. I didnt notice them so much when we went to Perth.

Saying that I noticed more last summer here but that might be because we had a pool this year.

When we arrived we noticed allot when we went to Seaford Beach.

They bug because they seem to love you flapping at them. They just come back and back at you.

Its a small price to pay though and much less of those pesky wasps !!

• 2 weeks later...

You get them for about two weeks a year. Some years are worse than others. Mozzies however, if its warm are there as soon as the sun goes down. Very annoying, as I can't sit outside and watch the sun going down or they get me!

The York peninsula has March flies sometimes which bite! I got a shock when I went there for Christmas this year.