Almost there!!

ianb

Well PIA Family,

Got our house exchange through today and are due to move out on the 24th April. Container leaves uk on the 25th April and arrives, fingers crossed on the 6th June (Rachel's and my Birthday hint hint !!)

Sat and booked the one way flights with Singapore Airlines tonight to depart on the 10th June to arrive in Singapore on the 11th. After a 2 day stopover we fly out of Singapore and arrive in Adelaide on the 14th June. All thats left to sort out is the hotel for stop over in Singapore and hire car for Adelaide.

We are planning on heading straight to our house and then off out picking up bits to rough it until container clears customs etc.

Cant wait to get there now and start meeting you all over there and getting into the swing of things and getting the Flaming gallahs up and running!!.

The big excitement left is to hand my notice in at work on the 1st May and without a lie will be the best thing i have done in ages!!;)

Will post again nearer the time to hopefully arrange and meet up with you guys already there and hopefully you can show us the ropes and a few golf courses;)

Cant believe we are that close now and all of us so excited to be where we are now after all the blood sweat and tears!!

To all those still waiting just keep believing and hope soon to be greeting you all on the other side

SO EXCITED:biglaugh::goofy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Great news Ian all you guys are starting to come a bit and fast now, good luck with everything and must catch up when you have settled in,

Guzzler

Guest Django

Then there was one. :sad::biglaugh:

Good news Ian really pleased for you. How will you cope with your clubs in a container? Bet there will be someone pacing up and down at customs in his golf shoes. :biglaugh:

Try not to have a too big a smile on your face when you hand your notice in. ;)

Pete

How will you cope with your clubs in a container? Bet there will be someone pacing up and down at customs in his golf shoes. :biglaugh:

Pete

Pete, God im going to miss them!! Dont know how im going to cope:sad:

Thanks guys for the quick replies. SOOOOOOOOOOO excited dont know what to do next!! Book some hotels, cars or have another whiskey to celebrate. Tough choice but hey who cares if i over sleep in morning with a hangover its only work!! so the whiskey wins ;)

Keith,

Yes cant wait to meet up and perhaps you can assist in Gras golf lessons because ive tried everything and no joy!;)

Guest jill wright

Well congratulations

Another one flies the Pia family nest.

Don't forget us left behind our time will come!!!

Keep us posted

Jill&Phil(busy watching' the masters'hes backed Justin Rose)and dreaming of golf in OzX

Guest graandjac

Yes cant wait to meet up and perhaps you can assist in Gras golf lessons because ive tried everything and no joy!;)

:P As chairman and founder member of the flamming galahs i demand that you stop taking the p***, besides keith, Ian only beat me by 4 points last week ,and he is a 12 h'cap.

And poor old Pete the only founder member left .....come on mate hurry up..!!

On a serious note thats great news mate house wise you kept that one quiet , thankyou.

oh pete.....ian has convinced the wife he needs a new set of clubs so no waiting for the ship to come in off to golf world:biglaugh: on arrival. Cheers Graham

Guest Nicky&Andy

:Dhi ian & family, great news , sounds like everything is in place, and your new life is calling,were really excited for you all & hopefully wont be too far behind you, keep us posted on how eveything goes, (were hoping to stop off for a few days as well so will be good to hear how your journey goes) congratulations

nicky:daydreaming:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Keith,

You can take a horse to water but...........................................;), all this talk of golf as helped me make my mind up to what I am going to do this afternoon, promise not to tell Sas.

Guzzler

Guest Guest75

Great news Ian.

As other have said - another of the old guard (:D) moving over.

I really hope all goes according to plan.

Might eventually meet you in the flesh.

Dunno about the Flaming Galah's thing though - don't know one end of a golf bat from the other.

Suppose I could always keep places at the 19th warm ;)

Guest mOZzy
Then there was one. :sad:

Pete

two :goofy:

Ian, great news!!!!!!

you sure kept that one quiet - can't blame you though!

now stop jumping up and down and calm down :jiggy:

at least we know everyone will be at the airport when we finally arrive :biglaugh:

Guest Django
two :goofy:

Er one unless you were one of the women on the 12th green dodging a golf ball. :jimlad::biglaugh:

But yes, of all of us that joined here around the same time its only us 2 that haven't seen a sniff of a visa yet let alone thought about booking flights. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest mOZzy
Er one unless you were one of the women on the 12th green dodging a golf ball. :jimlad::biglaugh:

But yes, of all of us that joined here around the same time its only us 2 that haven't seen a sniff of a visa yet let alone thought about booking flights.

Pete

well, i've heard that you like to 'include' women in your golfing :biglaugh:

Guest happy-jools

Good Luck guys.

Your leaving just a few days before us, but we dont get there till the 27th June, and renting way down in Aldinga, so quite far from Andrews Farm. Nevertheless, still want to meet up with you.

C U there. Good Luck.

:cute:

Guest soggy

Hi Ian,

congratulations on the house sale, wont be long now.

Must admit I enjoyed handing my notice in after 10 years.

I was up at the house last week, the whole street is nearly finished now so is starting to look very nice.

Simon

Guest theshearers

Only just read your post as havent been on for a few days!!

Well done to you all, am so chuffed that you've got everything sorted and you've booked those one way flights, its fantastic news. Looks like there'll be lots of celebrating to do at the meet next week then!!!

See you next week

Vicki, Steve & Cam x