For those(few)vegetarians out there!

Josie

Yayyy!!! my favourite range ill be heading there in november when i come over i hope they sell the mozarella flame grilled burgers theyre beauts!!!!

Just so you know they've now got Linda McCartney frozen food at Woolworths in Glenelg! Australia is slowly

catching up with the uk with its veggie range! Hurrah!

I've seen quite a few new items produced by Sanitarium, mostly in Woolworths at HarbourTown and their Macro range seems to be ever expanding; the Sanitarium schnitzel alternative is quite yummy - we use it instead of nuggets in wraps and the children can't tell the difference.

We tried the LM range but it seemed too fatty and, er, gristly (go figure!) but we love the Quorn stuff.You know, the stuff originally just found in yellow packets in the freezer but which now has made it to the refrigerator section? I think it comes from the UK and it includes nuggets - which fooled my son, who thinks a meal without meat is no meal at all - mince, sweet chilli strips, etc Sanitorium are good but over them all, I like the range by Fry's which happens to be vegan.

One range I haven't tried, except when we went to the last vegan festival, but tasted yum then, has had great reviews from friends and has an awesome range of lookey-likey foods is Made by a Buddhist company called Lamyong. For people that like 'meat' products ( and nothing wrong with that ) it is amazing! I know Great Nature down Beach Road, Christies have their range but have a look at their online catalogue at http://www.lamyong.com.au, honestly you won't believe it!

The number of us vegies must be growing cos the range and accessability of 'our' food is for sure. Go us! :notworthy:

LC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josie, there are way more of us out here than you think! When hubs & I said we were emigrating we got the sceptical "land of lamb-burgers & shrimps on the barbie" sort of stuff from our mates but we've found loads of similar peeps out here. If you're in the city you should try the "Everything Vegan" shop on Wright Street, close to West Terrace, they don't sell fresh fruit or veg but pretty much everything else you could imagine, well worth a visit IMHO, they also do online ordering through their website, and yes I would totally recommend the Lamyong stuff too http://www.veganonline.com.au/announcements/now-open-everything-vegan :wink:

And anyone south should try the new cafe Enliven Holistic Health Cafe at 467 Brighton Road (hove/brighton, beach side of road) - this is my new lunch local, close to work and does really yummy vego/vegan/raw/healthy lunches, soups, smoothies, juices, treats etc. Everything I've had there is amazing, esp the mexican bean burger. Think their products are mainly organic too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klataylor

I am missing the big V on all food products though. It is taking three times as long to shop and a whole heap of checking what numbers and ingredients are.

Guest Sarah Bradley

Quorn is great I' glad it made it here too I missed it for the first couple of years. I like the stir fry strips in the cold section, very good for stir fry.

Edited by Sarah Bradley
read previous post

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nixipixi82

Hi all,

Have you heard of ' Everything Vegan'? Its located at 270 Wright Street, i saw them on Instagram and can't wait to visit to stock up, as i'm still in the UK at the mo and am slightly worried i may struggle.

How are people finding being Veggy/ Vegan over there? When i travelled for a year 10 yrs ago i met a couple veggies who were struggling to find food other than salads. I noticed there are a few cafes in adelaide for us, but don't know what it is like nowadays generally. Any experiences would be greatly noted :-0 Thanks

Guest Nixipixi82
Hi Josie, there are way more of us out here than you think! When hubs & I said we were emigrating we got the sceptical "land of lamb-burgers & shrimps on the barbie" sort of stuff from our mates but we've found loads of similar peeps out here. If you're in the city you should try the "Everything Vegan" shop on Wright Street, close to West Terrace, they don't sell fresh fruit or veg but pretty much everything else you could imagine, well worth a visit IMHO, they also do online ordering through their website, and yes I would totally recommend the Lamyong stuff too http://www.veganonline.com.au/announcements/now-open-everything-vegan :wink:

I posted without reading this post! Great news :-)