RSPCA trying to re-home record number of dogs from its Lonsdale shelter

MacLeods

[h=1]RSPCA trying to re-home record number of dogs from its Lonsdale shelter[/h]

THE RSPCA is calling on pet lovers to adopt a dog from its Lonsdale shelter as it tries to re-home a record number of stray pooches. The Meyer Rd shelter has had an influx of stray dogs over the past few weeks, with more than 35 available for adoption and a further 200 being processed.

Animals Operations manager Kerriann Campbell said the influx showed the RSPCA was "saving more lives".

"We are committed to increasing our live release rate so w'ere getting a lot of dogs that require rehabilitation and we're giving every animal a chance to find their forever home," Ms Campbell said.

"So we encourage everyone who is looking to find a dog to add to their growing family to come down and consider the RSPCA."

The Lonsdale shelter is giving away adult dogs for $90 and puppies for $200 until Monday, July 8, to encourage more people to adopt.

People can also adopt a cat for $65 and a kitten for $130 until Monday.

For more information, visit www.adoptapet.com.au or call 8329 6000.

Yes I agree the prices are abit steep but I guess someone has to pay for the food/vac and whatever else they need.Somethings that surprised me in the UK is the price of a mutt/mongrel!When I lived in Sth Oz you could these up either free or very cheaply (not saying this is right mind you!)but here the price of a mutt/mongrel is quite expensive I think!

Guest Claire-n-tel
Yes I agree the prices are abit steep but I guess someone has to pay for the food/vac and whatever else they need.Somethings that surprised me in the UK is the price of a mutt/mongrel!When I lived in Sth Oz you could these up either free or very cheaply (not saying this is right mind you!)but here the price of a mutt/mongrel is quite expensive I think!

Hi Lily!

Mutts are no longer mutts tho'......they are labra-doodle-oddle-schnoodles now!......

I think the price might relate directly to how many oodles in the name, oodles cost oodles :biglaugh:

:wubclub: