Gas/Electric bill this quarter

Guest Paula H

Ours was (Family of 5) Gas $220 and $520 electric. I am home all day with the youngest so think thats why the electric is shocking.

Sarah

$520 for electric sounds very good to me for a family of 5. We are a family of 4 and our bills are in the $600 to $800 region!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Just the two of us, but home all day and really feeling the cold, so whilst we're trying not to have the heating on all day we are loosing that battle quite a few days lol

Electric was $200 for just over 1 month, we haven't had gas yet (not looking forward to that grrr).

Guest maitey

Rental

Elec- 370

gas- 190

our house

no gas- oh

elec- just moved in 2 weeks ago yeah!!

Might look into getting some solar panels:err:

Edited by maitey

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Does anyone keep a record? Interested to know how these bills compare to other quarters?

We've been here 18 months and been in 2 rentals. Every one of our electricity bills has been $300-330. We've not had gas in either house.

Jeez, how much solar do you have? $480.09 this time of year is pretty good!

We have a 3kw system, which is not a massive system, but we worked out that with that size system it would cover our bills and also make extra to cover increases in costs over the coming years. The same period last year we were in CREDIT by $825.56 as we had not used any of it to pay the gas bills. That time I rang the energy provider and asked for a cheque to be sent to me for $400 and used it to pay the water bill.

With our energy provider you can use your credit to pay your gas bill (if it is with the same provider) ring and ask for a cheque to be sent to you for either the whole amount of credit or just part payment.

Edited by Jessica Berry

Guest mactac

John gets solar panels put on his roof

Gets $500 credit instead of a bill.

He already earns a good wage.

John is happy that solar will save him money to

buy that new boat. (fair enough).

Mary rents, she can not afford a house.

Mary's landlord has no interest in getting solar panels for her small apartment.

After all no benefit to him/her the landlord.

Mary gets a bill for $500. Even though she is on low wages

Mary cannot afford to take the kids out for the weekend.

The more Johns there are ..... the more credit will need to be paid to them.

Mean while the power company still needs to employ workers, maintain the grid and pay shareholders. (GGG is not going to that)

The more Mary will have to pay on her bill. It will get worse for Mary .... not better.

Peter the director CEO of power company reports to his shareholders

all expecting a dividend and increase in their investment.

This really is quite a stupid system and is going to lead to trouble down the road.

For John and Mary. Because inequality in society of this sort will come

back to bite everyone on the backside, big time.

I think I might leave this state as soon as I can.

Guest Britgirl8

Hi Paula,

Just had the latest electric bill today from Momentum Energy $363.45 gas dont know yet but saw yesterdays report in paper and not looking forward to it!! Pam