Had a break in.

Guest maxxangel

Guest maxxangel

Sorry, sob story coming up. Some time during Friday night and the Early hours of Saturday morning our garage was broken into and all my husbands carp fishing gear stolen, along with a few of the tools we had left from clearing out. My husband is gutted; he booked some time off in May to go fishing. Saturday night we hardly slept for fear of them coming back for the bigger things they missed. It's all we need on top of all the other things we are trying to sort out.

We are just relieved that OH had already manged to sell most of the things in there and had just taken his tool trolley with the bulk of his tools back to work. It could have been so much worse.

Hope our buyer doesn't get wind of it as it would be a good excuse for them to pull out. We think it was the fishing gear that was targeted as they didn't even bother looking in the shed or the neighbours' sheds which they would have had to pass on the way into our back garden.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Little gits.

On the plus side, carp gear is not quite man enough for ozzie fishing and they KIll carp there as its illeagle to put carp back in the water.

Hope thoughs little gits get a hook in the eye

Guest thelincolns

Maxxangel

It must be awful :shocked:

Of course you don't need this happening to you now- unless neighbours say something buyers should not be able to know-should they?

It IS hard, but pls keep positive

Take care

Sorry about your news :sad:. Hope the little s**ts get caught :policeman:, it is good that you had got rid of a lot of things already but the biggest thing is your invasion of privacy. Take care and keep thinking about all the good things that will be happening soon enough :) . Fingers crossed for the house.

Emma.xx

Guest Leanne & Mark

Strange how people always presume its kids!!

Its a horrible feeling isn't it, happened to us too all Marks cabling tools taken from our shed...and whilst Mark was working away and i was sleeping. Couldn't sleep for days:chatterbox:.

hope the insurance pay out a big fat cheque quickly and without any hassles

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear your news, you must be gutted! (no pun intented, okay maybe just a little)

But i'm sure the buyers won't find out and the person or people who stole the stuff, were maybe after something else and just took what was left, as you said most of your belongings were away, they maybe felt obliged just to grab something.

But take care and good luck, it won't be long before you can put it all behind you. x

Guest Nick11
Sorry, sob story coming up. Some time during Friday night and the Early hours of Saturday morning our garage was broken into and all my husbands carp fishing gear stolen, along with a few of the tools we had left from clearing out. My husband is gutted; he booked some time off in May to go fishing. Saturday night we hardly slept for fear of them coming back for the bigger things they missed. It's all we need on top of all the other things we are trying to sort out.

We are just relieved that OH had already manged to sell most of the things in there and had just taken his tool trolley with the bulk of his tools back to work. It could have been so much worse.

Hope our buyer doesn't get wind of it as it would be a good excuse for them to pull out. We think it was the fishing gear that was targeted as they didn't even bother looking in the shed or the neighbours' sheds which they would have had to pass on the way into our back garden.

Reason 142 for leaving the UK! And even if they're caught - nothing will happen - prisons are full!!!!!!

Just think at least you're escaping the mad house.

Guest Django

These people are pretty thick usually and will advertise the tackle for sale in the local rag. So as Shaun Taylor used to say 'keep 'em peeled'. ;) The insurance should cover it all but thats not the point.

Pete

Guest maxxangel

Thanks for the support and replies everyone. Everyone we know said that the police wouldn't be interested and would just give us a crime number, but they have actually done quite a bit (hurrah for the Derbyshire Police). A chap came and dusted for prints, but couldn't find anything usable. The next day the WPC on the case came round and talked to my husband about what was stolen, looked at the pictures of some of his gear and took a list of what had gone. She then went to do some door to door enquiries and has said she would keep her eyes peeled.

The insurance company will only pay up to £1750 out because they were in the garage and the fishing gear alone is worth over £2500. We are just trying to work out a cash settlement with them, because the company they wanted to use to replace the items don't do his gear and their prices are extortionate, so wouldn't replace much. OH is hoping to just get what he thinks he can use in Oz now.

He has been reading about the Carp problems in the Murray River and hopes to keep up his interest there. I asked him if he thought he could cope with knocking them on the head! He said he'll see if he can bring them home to eat.