Blinkin nightmare..!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:wacko:Well when we booked the flights and shipping with only 2 weeks to go it sounded like a good idea.....not enough hours in the day, got the shippers comming tomorrow ahhhhhhhh loads to do, need to get our cases packed first to make sure whats left goes into the container , so the poor old washing machine and tumble dryer dosent know whats hit them:swoon:.

Also had our first goodbyes, something not mentioned that often:sad:, dont even think you can prepare yourself....no chance not very nice but something that has to be done.

All of us in tears the other night and our holly says " its ok dad i know it will all be ok when we get to Australia and it will all be worth it "......and then with me snapping at everyone as moving is my BIGGEST hate full stop Good old Jac steps in and just gets on with it . I recon if any family can get over the visa ,TRA, packing saying goodbye thing you can take on anything.....right had my 10 mins break on to some more packing.

Cheera Graham

Well when we booked the flights and shipping with only 2 weeks to go it sounded like a good idea.....not enough hours in the day, got the shippers comming tomorrow ahhhhhhhh loads to do, need to get our cases packed first to make sure whats left goes into the container , so the poor old washing machine and tumble dryer dosent know whats hit them.

Also had our first goodbyes, something not mentioned that often, dont even think you can prepare yourself....no chance not very nice but something that has to be done.

All of us in tears the other night and our holly says " its ok dad i know it will all be ok when we get to Australia and it will all be worth it "......and then with me snapping at everyone as moving is my BIGGEST hate full stop Good old Jac steps in and just gets on with it . I recon if any family can get over the visa ,TRA, packing saying goodbye thing you can take on anything.....right had my 10 mins break on to some more packing.

Cheera Graham

Gra as u got so much time on your hands do you fancy a quick nine holes of golf? My treat!!;)

Im sure you will get there and good on Jacs and holly to set you straight and show you how to handle pressure!!:notworthy:

Right off to carry on packing myself!:goofy:

Guest jill wright

Can't even imagine getting to that stage graham but hopefully one day it will come. Bet its really stressful but exciting at the same time . Hope your having plenty of cold ones to alleviate the strain

JIll

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Oh Gra bless, the mention of goodbyes always make me well up even now! There is no preparation, no easy way of doing it - all we did was made sure the no-one came to the airport so by the time we got in the car (an emotional wreck!) we had done them all and could enjoy the trip to the airport (with Ruby, then 3.5 yrs, saying why is nanny crying!) but once we were there, the new life began and we have not looked back!

See you soon - this is the last bit of the really bad rollercoaster! Hooray!

IanB, shame on you! haha! - Gra won't have time for golf and his clubs will be sterlised and packed before you know it! BTW, when are you coming too - I have not had a chance to read most of the posts on here recently, something to do with working for a living! hahaha....

Lots of love guys - off for my vegemite on toast before work!

Sas

xxx

Hi Graham & Jac,

Just went through all that too with the packing, it was a nightmare.

A piece of advice, ask the shipping company to bring extra boxes, cos even if you think you have it sussed with the amount that you need, you will definately need more!

The goodbyes for us were surprisingly okay, we just got it into our head that we were going on a long holiday, as before too long with what everybody was saying, they would be over on holiday, this helped us no end. We ended up consoling most people because of this mind set.

But, it all comes down to individuality, good luck and just remember as Holly says it will be worth it when you get here.

We will all just have to make sure that there are plenty of beers and bbq's to help you through the unpacking when you get here!

P.s. we are in hallett cove, which isn't that far away from Noarlunga, so if you need anything give us a shout, if you PM me I will give you my number for when you get here, even if its just for a chat.

See ya x

Guest Guzzler&Sas

For God's sake man just get on with it, you've started your whinging and you're not even on the plane, you need to calm down get yourself a nice big glass of shandy (with extra lemonade) and have a break, Jac will sort it out and I bet we won't hear a peep out of her.

Guzzler

Guest Libby1971

Guzzler, you do have a way with words.

Graham, not wishing to set you off or anything, but blimey, don't men moan and whinge when it comes to doing some serious work?! If you men put as much effort into the job at hand as you do about whinging, the job would be over in flash...

I would like to point out that I can say this as my OH is out at work, being a teacher in the school hols!

See you when you get here, wine and beer being chilled now

Libby.

Guest Django

Graham tip for you.....

Order a skip and just chuck everything in it. Then you won't have the stress of packing it. :biglaugh:

Just get on with it :rolleyes: and keep reminding yourself why you are doing it.;) You will be there before you know it.

Pete

** Pete waits for thread title to appear 'Arrrgh container arrives gotta unpack!!!'**