Not sure that I would go home

thegreggs

My goodness - that's HUGE! I actually think we used to see more spiders in the UK than we do here in Oz (although now I've said that, wait for the arachnoid invasion chez nous!) - I would be asking your cousin if he/she's bought any bunches of bananas recently - that one looks like an import!

I saw WAY more spiders in the uk than here, and bigger ones. I'm guessing this is partly because here I have screens on all the doors and windows. In the uk they were just open. No flies in the house here either unlike the uk.

I work with plants and hardly see any spiders there either. I stopped wearing gloves a long time ago lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I am terrified of spiders! I had a Huntsman run across my windscreen when I was driving!

My OH works at a local store and he often mentions that many spiders run out of the boxes when the deliveries arrive from Melbourne. I get him to spray outside with a product called coopex which lasts for a few months in Summer.

My daughter shipped some machinery overseas and Redbacks and Huntman spiders ran everywhere when the container was unloaded! They didn't fumigate it when it arrived so I am watching the news stories for reports of Huntman spiders !!!

Tamara

I have to say,after living in Oz,I developed a fear of spiders!lol The most I've ever seen here(UK) is those daddy long legs ones and smallish black ones.Luckily my OH does'nt hold the same fear and he picks them up and puts them back outside!lol Havent had a problem with flies either,although my OH brought this fab screen (mainly to keep out wasps which I'm allergic to)Its like two panels of thickish net curtain that you fix on your door frame so its hanging down from the top of the frame?on the inside panels of the curtain where the two panels meet are a series of magnets,so when you walk through it,it automatically closes behind you!