Off days!!!

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Just feeling a bit worried at the minute about the whole immigrating business, have just read Graandjac thread about this being their last weekend in the UK and all of a sudden I am terrified.

Most days I check my emails 4-5 times just in case there is any news and can't wait to get out there, but today I wonder if I am getting cold feet (although if I do I honestly know Stephen will kill me). :mad:

My kids had a school concert last night and I spent most of the time crying and feeling guilty about taking them away from all their friends even though I know it will be no time at all that they will have new friends in Adelaide and new classmates and a better life all round.

I think my biggest problem is have I really thought what it will be like to say goodbye to my Dad and my sister. They both believe we are making the right move and my sis would go in a heartbeat (but her O/H wont), in fact my Dad is going to Adelaide in October to see his brother wether we are there by then or not, but I am really worried that missing them will stop me from settling there.

I want more than anything (like we all do) for it to work out for us there but what if we just can't afford to live, I know we struggle here and I am prepared to struggle there but I know here we do afford our bills and the credit cards that have been run up are our own fault for not living within our means but what if we go there and we can't afford the necessary bills?

I know I'm rambling on and not even too sure about what I want to say but somehow putting it in 'writing' helps and I know everyone on here is in the same boat with the same hopes, dreams and worries. I am just wondering if anyone else has days like this when they think when it comes down to it they won't be able to go :skeptical:

Guest Simon & Adelle

It is only natural to have feelings like that. I don't think that you wouldbe human in you didn't get the jitters. It is the biggest thing that most of us will do in our lives...

I'm sure that you will be fine.

You wait and see, give it a few weeks/months when your our there you won't know why you were so worried.

You always have Skype to make free BB video calls which is what my sister uses and she is only in Sweden...

Chin up and make the most of it when you get there... It's not like you can't come back......

I think what your feeling is exactly the same what everyone else who is doing the same or has done the same before u. I think I would be more worried if I did not have the same thoughts as over confidence is not a good thing. Im sure these feelings will come and go all the way through the visa stage and then when we get there. It was never going to be easy so if your prepared for the bad days as well as the good you will be strong enough to pull through it.

Im sure we are like others that are going to give it our best shot, ride out the bad days as well as the good and fingers crossed all will be ok.

Missing families is a big thing and saying goodbyes as many have said before is hard but there is no way round it and while our families will miss us they are now looking to book flights out and i bet we will see them more than we do now!! With the skype as well i know we will chat more than we did here.

We feel its best to look back in ten years time to look back and say well ive done it/tried it and have experienced some never have the guts to do. I know which sort of person i would rather be even if we end up back here having experienced a wonderful country and hopefully way of life. It would be much worse in ten years time saying what if!!!

Be positive and dont let these feelings worry you.

I am just wondering if anyone else has days like this when they think when it comes down to it they won't be able to go :skeptical:

oh gurl i feel for u so much, i go through these same emotions every single day.

dont want to tell the hubby coz might rock the boat:dull:

but if we didnt feel like this we wouldnt be human especially where our kids are consernd.

i have good days, and bad days were i can fly out 2mrw

but the main reason is we are all making this big massive unbeliveable move for our family and when you look back to when you were even thinking about going to oz with your family didnt you get buttiflies thinking about it:jiggy:

well then just remember that feeling ok.

suexxx

Guest Nicky&Andy

:)hi jacaline, i know where your coming from, its only natural to worry, as you my biggest worry is being able to find work and support ourselves, although the main thing is if the kids settle, if they do then we have to make it work for them, i think the hardest thing is to leave what you know, but it will be more or less the same when you come back to visit, if you feel the need,i'm sure you''ll be fine, espically when the visa comes through, although those feeling still creep up on you. at least will have support and advice from everyone on pia who has made the journey, although everyones feelings and experiences are different, (its in a mothers instinct to panic just a little) at least i hope it is

nicky

Your feelings are perfectly justified, having been through it it is a rollercoaster, it all depends on how you cope as a family with the stresses and strains that are thrown at you, many of which you will not expect. Only time will tell whatever you decide, if you go and stay or come back you will change your life forever. Life is a path with branches and you will have to decide which path to choose, the worst of these paths are where one of you wants to go one way and the other doesn't, it means that somebody has to compromise, this is where resentment, worry and uncertainty makes you question yourself and others. Whichever way it is an experience some good some bad but goes to make you what you are.

Guest skellysgirl

i have these all the time, for 10 yrs it was always on my mind i want to go

Now the decision is made, its like oh cr@p

im going

i cant wait

But every now and again i think, am i thinking clearly, do i just want to go cos its what i wanted to for ages and now i cant back down cos everyone knows and ill always wonder what if , if i dont go.

Then i just remember, its just the fear factor, and that fear is not gonna go away till i step off the plane. all the exciting things in life are scary, i suppose its like a roller coaster, all along the queue your really excited and bragging, as you get closer it gets a little more worrying, when you get on its like oh cr@p why did i do this, then it takes off and....................................

Guest graandjac

Hi Guys, believe me anyone who says that they dont get the wobbles at some point is telling porkies. Its all part of the process and keeps you on your toes , the last week is packed so much with things to do we haven't even thought about MONDAY yet , and to be honest Iam (Gra) looking forward to a good kip on the plane . Its good to be nervous in my oponion , and its also good to share any worries with us PIA buddies .

Not counting but 2 days to go..............Cheers Graham

Guest caoimhe

God I love this site :notworthy::notworthy:

Two hours ago I was in tears and worried about telling Stephen that I couldn't go,

now I'm lauging at how its a weird world when complete strangers are giving me advice and cheering me up because they now exactly how I feel when my closest friends don't

Thank you all :wubclub:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

You will be just fine.......

I just did a whole paragraph but deleted it as it sounded like waffle:wacko:!

Just be strong and remember why you are coming, prepare your self for missing people then when you do it wont feel so bad! I did this about people and think it did help.

I didnt about Asda and radiators and I miss theM.:embarrassed:

sarah

Guest Guest75

Don't worry,it's all part of the move here.

Some people's move goes very smoothly - then you get Graanjac's circumstances!!

Great to see you have family support as well.:):)

Could be worse...........

I've just had to finish off a Blue Tongue lizard that the dog's have had.

I hate cruelty but the best course was to put it out of it's misery considering the state of it.

Guest DianeJ

Hi,We got our passports back today with visas in, so it's getting real for us. My OH started all this Aus business and I just let him get on with it never thinking it would get this far! But as far asIam concerned my mindset is that we are going for 2 years so we can apply for citizenship, then see how things are. I have an uncle who lives in Craigmore who I haven't seen for 25 years and 5 cousins I have never met, so It will be nice to meet them.

I hate the weather here it's freezing today and if I could go tomorrow I would, I wouldn't have said that last August !!

My parents have both passed away so it is slightly easier for me , but I am one of six so can't say I'm looking forward to the goodbyes, but in this day and age it's so easy so keep in touch.

I do have thoughts like you are having but they don't last long, I've only to look out of the window to know we are doing the right thing.

Hey,

I am sure we all go through the same feelings....i know we do! I am getting more nerves, butterflies ect as it gets closer. All these mixed with excitement....dont know what to do!

I have had times when i wonder if we are doing the right thing, but in my opinion i only live once and cant let this oppourtunity slip by. Our families have been great and supported us....but they will miss us and us them. Its all part of the process.....and as said already if someone isnt nervous abit....somethings not right!!!

I cant wait so get there but am still bricking it!!

Dan and Steph

Not wanting to burst anybody's bubble and I might have got this completely wrong but... isn't it 4 years now before you can go for your citizenship? If I remember rightly it all depends on when you got here, I know Guzzler and Sas can go for theirs in June but we arrived in July and I'm fairly sure it's four years for us. Anyhoo, for all of you who are wobbling and wondering if you can really make the move, it's perfectly natural. Those of us that are here have all been through it and those of you who are still waiting will almost certainly all feel it as well. Keep your chins up and remember why you started this trip in the first place. Honestly, it's all worth it!

Guest paul_smart

Hey,

I'm in a blind panic and I don't even have my TRA back yet, so I have another year of waiting to go before i'm ready, it's a feeling of being impatient, fear of the unknown, excitiement, and annoyance at things taking their time, plus I worry about my other half, finding work, will she settle, i'm taking her away from her family and friends, we both want to go, and feel this way and we dont have kids yet!! hind site is a wonderful thing and you'll remember the experiences gained through the emmigration and laugh about the bad times, (whilst on a beach drinking a cold beer lapping up fine weather and having a life that you simply couldn't afford over here) it's a matter of keeping your head down and carrying on regardless knowing what your aiming for, even if it entails being shaky!!:err::)

Guest Django
on a beach drinking a cold beer lapping up fine weather

I think there is a law against this.:unsure: Someone will tell us.:confused:

I must admit I have yet to have any wobbles and as far as I'm aware Tracey hasn't either. There have been times when I think I can't be bothered with all the form filling and organising and stuff but seeing as Tracey has done most of that anyway so happy days.

Whenever I get like that I just remember the reasons for starting out on this adventure and everything is alright again with the world. Just want to have those stickers in the passports, house sold and sitting on that plane. 1.gif

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I think there is a law against this.:unsure: Someone will tell us.:confused:

Pete

No there is no law on some beaches! Some of them you cant drink on at certain times.

sarah