OK! Here it goes! :)

Guest ali

Hi again people,

I hope you are all doing fine and looking forward to the better weather this week! I had a meeting with a security company today and they gave me a ton of paperwork to fill out tonight so they can roster me this weekend. I'm thrilled that I won't be working at the yiros house anymore (I was fed up with bad behaving, intoxicated, rude and sometimes violent customers and of course the job itself). For now the company has promised me a couple of nights a week and more to come soon. I have to say that after working in a quickie mart and the yiros house ever since I arrived in Adelaide (OCT 21, 2012) that I am looking forward to doing security in clubs!

Be sure to say hello when you walk in one of the clubs I work at. I will be rostered to different venues.

Cheers and good luck to all of you:smile:

Ali

Good luck Ali,pleased for you mate.

Thank you Tyke!:smile: It'll be bumpy and a bit rough at the beginning and 6 days from today will mark my first year anniversary here in Australia! Been through a lot since the day you kindly picked me up from the airport, but I have a feeling that this new career will give me more options along the way.

Thanks for all the support you have given me:smile:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Ali that's great news but please be careful in the clubs as well! I am WAY to old to be clubbing these days but if memory serves me well, nightclubs at 2.00am can get pretty rough - even rougher than a yiros house! Y'all be safe now ok?

Thank you and will take every necessary step to be safe. Yes, you are right, at around 12:30-2:30 AM is when most violent incidents occur. I'll try to read common violence patterns, identify them and deter any individual that is even slightly thinking about starting some sort of monkey business from actually doing so. But it all depends on your coworkers as well. Some of them I know, and they are good guys. The rest, I hope they are not doing the job for other reasons though.

Cheers and thanks for having me in your thoughts.:smile:

Ali

Wishing you the best Ali, really hope that everything works out for you. We all know you are a champion fighter, but hopefully you will not have face the type found in some nightclub venues! Good luck.

Cheers guys!:smile: I hope so too. At the end of the day I'll be doing this to make an honest living and I want to go back home in one piece. I've spent the past couple of months with bouncers from different clubs and even though I wasn't on duty it helped me to have a better perspective of whats happening (me trying and being sober:wink:) with people when they are highly intoxicated. Working at the yiros house was a great (not like-able) experience as I had to deal with every person that had been kicked out of a club/pub on Rundle Street. Sometimes they turned on each other and we had to step outside to prevent a fight or stop one and sometimes the attacks were directed at us. At 35 years of age this is not a dream job, but I think that I will learn a lot from doing it. And with a bit of luck and dedication find a way to get into the entertainment scene of Australia.:smile:

Ali

Congratulations Ali. You have your foot in the door. Once you get some experience and a reference behind you then you can apply for other security roles that might be a bit less "out there" . Where I work we have security people working at the front desk, most government departments do. It must be an ok job to do because we have a few regulars that have been there for years.

I hope if my teenagers are ever in trouble at a club, they find a bouncer like you to turn to for help, Ali. I can see you being absolutely brilliant at it, well done.

Hi Diana and thank you.:smile: I hope they never get into any sort of trouble in a club and if they do, the bouncers do their jobs properly. I hope I'm as good as they get and I hope that this will help me find a suitable job at last. Odd jobs and living on a day-by-day basis are really getting to me.:smile:

Ali

Hi Ali just read your post about you accept that their is some good and bad door people ,hope you are working for a reputable firm .Speaking from experience three weeks ago my son was assaulted at a club by a door man ,and he hadn't done anything ,(really)just wrong place wrong time . Good luck

Like every industry you get people that do their jobs properly and guys that don't. I am very sorry to learn about your son. I hope he never gets treated badly again.

Ali

Good luck Ali hope it works out for you.

Tamara

Thank you Tamara,

I hope that this will be the last of odd jobs for me. It will be a year 3 days from now since I moved to Australia and I really, really need a break.

Ali

Ali, glad to hear you are ok. Take care working the door, we are finally coming out in January, so hopefully we will get to meet!

Thank you Gus.:smile: Will be looking forward to finally meeting you. I hope your trip goes ahead as planned.

Ali

Congratulations Ali. You have your foot in the door. Once you get some experience and a reference behind you then you can apply for other security roles that might be a bit less "out there" . Where I work we have security people working at the front desk, most government departments do. It must be an ok job to do because we have a few regulars that have been there for years.

Thank you Toni, I am really looking at it as a stepping stone. I am looking into getting into the entertainment industry and doing security in clubs and different venues and festivals might help me find a way into that sector.

Ali

That's fantastic news Ali, congratulations !!!

I'd love to go to a Club in Adelaide, one day perhaps.

Thank you:smile: Maybe very soon you will be clubbing down under.

Ali

Ali, if you're happy then I'm happy!

But I still hope the dreams you came over with come true and soon!

Keep safe - hopefully your experience and (seemingly) easy-going, intelligent attitude will mean less hassle for you and the club-goers.

:smile: LC

Hi LC and thank you for your kind post:smile: I have to say that at times even I get frustrated with badly behaving patrons. But I believe in deterring conflicts and or simply avoiding violence. Sometimes you have to be very firm and that is for your safety and the safety of the other customers in the club. I just hope that I don't ever have to remove anyone from a venue by force. But that is only wishful thinking. At the end of the day, conflict management techniques help more than being a tough guy.

Cheers:smile:

Ali

Another step along the winding road Ali. You are clocking up plenty of experience and hope things work out for you. Hopefully this will lead to better things in the future. Good luck and take care.

Hi guys and thank you for your post. It certainly helps and I am trying to get a foot in the entertainment industry. Once I get more hours I will do short courses with TAFE and build a network around people that are involved in the entertainment/media/movies. Like you said it is just another step along the winding road and very necessary. :smile:

Ali