Beach driving..

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Just a little common sense warning to those who have not driven on a beach here yet - or will be doing so.

I had a lovely day out yesterday.

Snuck off for a spot of fishing on Moana beach.

The 4 people who got bogged in 2wd on the beach were very pleased to see my 4wd .

Dragged em out and some begrudging thanks.

Should start charging for it.

Got right in the way of my fishing it did.

The last one I let stew and bury up to the axles for 10 mins.

Dunno why people don't stop and "read a beach" before driving on.

Only 4wd's on the beach....a good clue????

No hard sand when tide in - only deep ruts.......another good clue???

I was getting a little tetchy by car 4. :mad:

So before driving on please have a look at conditions.

Most of the time you can go on the beach in 2WD if the tide is well out.

End of my little rant.............

Hi there

When we visited in March I was shocked that you could go on the beach in he car. the beachs all look so clean and I would of thought going on with big dirty cars would bring problems. Saying that after much persuasion from my O/H ( I did most of driving) I ventured on a very quiet Aldinga Beach in the car. I have to say the kids had a great time. Si did O/H as he managed to get used to an automatic as he practisced driving up and down. We did have a a 4w I hope when we moved permanently we will be able to afford one.

Kimberley x

We drove to Moana beach with my cousin, but didn't take the car on, I just find it hard to accept that it is okay to take a car on and also it looked a bit of a nightmare to be honest, with people getting stuck etc, but I suppose with Knights of the Beach like our very own Tyke, people will be safe in the knowledge that he will help.:notworthy:

I felt I had to be ever more vigilant with the kids not just from the water but from cars going by too, we just packed up and went over to the other side of the beach where cars aren't allowed, much more relaxing!!

Guest soggy

Hi,

driving onto a the beach and having a picnic out the back does seem like fun but I find you can't relax with all the coming and going of cars and some of the beaches can be completly full of cars on a public holiday, you can't drive onto all the beaches so you still find a car free one if you prefer.

Tyke, can you give me your phone number as I only have a small 2WD and you may come in handy if I get stuck:)

Simon:):)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Tyke.

Can I take it from your post you were not catching a lot and you were getting a slight tetchy by the end of the day?????????????????????????????/:arghh::biglaugh:, Knight Rider move over.

Guzzler

Guest Guest75
Hi,

driving onto a the beach and having a picnic out the back does seem like fun but I find you can't relax with all the coming and going of cars and some of the beaches can be completly full of cars on a public holiday, you can't drive onto all the beaches so you still find a car free one if you prefer.

Tyke, can you give me your phone number as I only have a small 2WD and you may come in handy if I get stuck:)

Simon:):)

I'm charging from now on - 10% discount to PIA members:p

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke.

Can I take it from your post you were not catching a lot and you were getting a slight tetchy by the end of the day?????????????????????????????/:arghh::biglaugh:, Knight Rider move over.

Guzzler

Couple of Sand Whiting which Mrs Tyke enjoyed for lunch today - apart from that I think I fed every juvenile fish in the gulf!!!:biglaugh:

Guest andy&jill

Its great been able to drive on the beach, we went down moana on a bank holiday, thought it would be packed out, but no, just some dudes surfing, much to my daughters delight. We did have a guide with us at the time, Mr beach rescue himself.

Never took the hyundai getz down though, wouldve been embarassing :embarrassed: having to ring tyke and get him to drag me out.

You should charge an extraction fee :err:

Andy