Barossa Ad wins top prize

Diane

According to that article it has done its job. I love it. It's just a cut above the usual ads here where they think they need to slap you in the face with the blindingly obvious to get their point across.

We had a big discussion at work about just how terrible that advert is! It took me at least ten times of watching it to remember it wasn't selling alcohol (just seems like a hard liquor type ad).

It certainly doesn't inspire me or anyone I know to go there.

To be fair, I don't think you are the target market! You're already here, you're a local. It's trying to raise the bar and make international travellers a bit intrigued about the place, and a think it's classy and intriguing - if you've watched it ten times to work out what it's about, then you're not going to forget it are you?

Edited by Diane

I didn't like it at first because I thought it didn't have enough recognisable images of the Barossa Valley in it, so people wouldn't associate it with the Barossa. But it has really grown on me, it's different, it's very sensual and atmospheric and the images are really memorable and that's surely what a good advert is all about - it sticks in your mind. (especially the bit sticking you finger in the soft (camembert?) cheese! mmmmm). I think it will make people stop and look and pay attention and if it gets more people from interstate and overseas over here to visit then that's great.

It's a bit more sophisticated than the average South Australian advert, such as these favourites.......