Like Tree4Likes
    • 3 Post By Diane
    • 1 Post By Anne B

Thread: I know which would get my vote!

133 times

I know which would get my vote!

Well done Tony.
      Thames Migration appointed Jun12, VETASSESS passed July, EoI Aug12, IELTS retake 8.5 Sep12, EoI and 189 visa application Sep12, CO appointed Oct 12, Medicals, Police checks Nov12, Visa Granted 11/01/13. Now located in Brisbane, secured great employment and quickly establishing roots. Yes it really is the lucky country.

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      LOL Don't believe everything you read in the Murdoch Press!

I for one think it's pretty horrendous how that slimebag is using others' misfortune for political gain, whilst cutting the benefits that those who are affected are entitled to!

This from someone who lives in the areas affected:

This blog makes for some interesting reading too http://northcoastvoices.blogspot.com...-of-prime.html
      Toni, sally1968 and NicF like this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Southern softie
      10 times

i agree with you mate. I'm not a big fan of the bloke but on this occasion he is damned if he does show up and damned if he doesn't. Turn up and it's a publicity stunt, don't turn up and get accused of letting down the people he had volunteered with for years. Personally I think if you choose to live in an area of fire danger you should pay an extra tax. I say this as a person who used to live in one of those areas. Why should the rest of us subsidise other people's choices? Are we happy about subsidising people who choose not to work and claim benefits? Just a thought

Western Suburbs
      830 times
      I agree that Tony Abbott would have got criticised either way, he has been a long standing firefighter volunteer so at least he wasn't pretending to be something he wasn't. However, now he is PM his presence is probably more of a distration than a help for the people who are trying to get on with the job, and maybe he should be concentrating on running the country! It also amazes me how many people live surrounded by trees in high bush fire risk areas - I would be far to scared to live anywhere like that!
      Guest75 likes this.
      Backpacked round Australia 1992. Married Australian husband in Adelaide 1994. Lived in Adelaide 1994-1997. Moved back to UK & lived in Essex/Herts 1997-2009. Returned to Adelaide November 2009. 2 kids dual nationality.