I know which would get my vote!

srg73

LOL Don't believe everything you read in the Murdoch Press!

I for one think it's pretty horrendous how that slimebag is using others' misfortune for political gain, whilst cutting the benefits that those who are affected are entitled to!

This from someone who lives in the areas affected:

temp1.jpg

This blog makes for some interesting reading too http://northcoastvoices.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/is-much-of-media-coverage-of-prime.html

Srg73

i agree with you mate. I'm not a big fan of the bloke but on this occasion he is damned if he does show up and damned if he doesn't. Turn up and it's a publicity stunt, don't turn up and get accused of letting down the people he had volunteered with for years. Personally I think if you choose to live in an area of fire danger you should pay an extra tax. I say this as a person who used to live in one of those areas. Why should the rest of us subsidise other people's choices? Are we happy about subsidising people who choose not to work and claim benefits? Just a thought

I agree that Tony Abbott would have got criticised either way, he has been a long standing firefighter volunteer so at least he wasn't pretending to be something he wasn't. However, now he is PM his presence is probably more of a distration than a help for the people who are trying to get on with the job, and maybe he should be concentrating on running the country! It also amazes me how many people live surrounded by trees in high bush fire risk areas - I would be far to scared to live anywhere like that!