We got our VISA!!!

Guest alibongo

Guest alibongo

I can't believe it. I emailed my agent last Sunday and she replied on Weds saying that we could have to wait 2 more months. BUT i got the letter confirming our visa confirmation TODAY!!!

Now I am panicking!! Not sure when to go. Son has dropped another thing for me to think about. He now wants to wait in UK till he gets his GCSEresults in mid August. I think my job starts in Mid July!! Hubby has to give 3 months notice at work.. looks like I will have to go with my daughter and wait for the boys to catch us up.. Oh well, that's life. little trials and tribulations make you stronger dont they ?? Not that convinced.

Stupidly have just taken on a 3 month diploma course..something to keep my mind of my massive move to the other side of the world..Talk about bad timing! That needs to be in by August too...Well I suppose I usually work better under pressure...

Sold my car today and have a 2nd viewing for the house this week. fingers crossed that they will put in a good offer and we'll be off. will miss the summer here and get the winter over there..Bad timing again?? I'm sure it will be better in the southern hemisphere anyway.

can you tell I've had a few tonight!!

Stop talking woman!

Good luck to everyone still waiting

by the way was one of the August applicants so the DIAC are working their way through

Ali

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:great news congratulations, hope every thing falls into place for you, if only life was so simple(we would have all been born in oz lol)

Guest jill wright

great news Ali

Must be a great feeling ! My eldest daughter is doing her GCSE's this year and leaves school in 3 weeks(can't believe it) only to return for exams. She is hoping then to do A levels. I read somewhere on this forum that you have to get them converted into SACE so when you cross that bridge any advise would be welcome.

Good luck with the house sale and everything else

Jill

Congratulations Ali, Sounds Like You Are In The Same Position As Me And Mine, My Job Starts End Of July, Have Not Sold House Yet, Son Gets Results In August And Hubby Has To Stay Until House Sells. Scared To Go On My Own Worried About Funding New Life In Oz And Keeping House Here Until Sale, I Want To Rent It But Husband Wants To Make Sure It Sells.

What Is Your Line Of Work?

Looks Like We Will Be In Oz At Around The Same Time Hope You Are Not As Stressed As Me ;;;;;;; Good Luck With Everything Sue And Family

Guest The Hadleys

Congratulations, enjoy the celebration. What a fab feeling it is.

Good luck with everything, hope you get the offer you want on the house.

xxxx

Guest mandmick

Good luck, we're just back from a holiday in Adelaide and it was lovely weather for Autumn, odd rainy day but lots of sunshine!

We're also August 2007 applicants, for 138 visa, general skilled.. so fingers crossed for us too!!

x

Guest mossmac

Fantastic news! Congratulations! We got ours last week. It is such a great feeling when you finally get your visa after months and months of frustration, waiting and yet more waiting!

Sarah and John

Guest Missbabz

Congratulation to you on your visa. We got our last week and what a great feeling!!!!

Good luck with the house sale.

We hope to go out in June, not sure what date yet..

Babz & Kevin

Guest alibongo

thanks guys for all your good luck wishes! sinking in more today. you spend all this time researching the move and then when they say you can go you don't feel as though you have done enough!

Sue, it does seem that we are both in the same position! We have also had a guy in to chat to us about renting our house out and although it would pay the mortgage it doesnt give us the capital to go to adelaide with to buy out there and according to the guys in Oz already they are at the start of their boom..so we may miss the boat from that point of view...

Still almost there, need to tell bosses tomorrow that I will definately be leaving..that is going to be sweet!

Ali

Guest mOZzy

dunno how i missed this one :err:

but CONGRATS on your visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at last you know you can go but it seems like you've got lots to cram in before you can leave!! don't take on too much stress you'll need some strenght left for the packing ;)

good luck!!