Big spider !!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

The other day we were just looking out over the balcony and a Magpie came swooping in to attack the biggest Huntsman spider I have ever seen.

The Huntsman was actually fighting off the Magpie - boxing / Karate kicks ( looked good with 8 legs) and eventually the Magpie gave up.

Onya Mr Huntsman !!!!:biggrin:

Got this pic shortly after.

1471817_10152018689838685_757516885_n.jpg

Don't worry about the big ones - you need to keep those as they will eat the small ones that will eat you. If you're fresh off the boat Aussies will wind you up about spiders but the joking stops when the talking about snakes - they are a whole lot more serious. Having said that week last the kids and I caught a 1.5 metre brown snake in one of our paddocks just a hunting knife and a 30cm cane. The three of us (not the snake) were all fully dressed in safety clothing comprising of shorts and flip-flops. It was pretty amazing as we cut the head off, skinned it and removed its entire internal organs in one piece. Inside its stomach was a fresh looking mouse that had fang puncture holes in its head from the snake bite. Wife, a vet, went ballistic when the kids told her!

Guest Guest75
OMG!! We are arriving for good in December and a picture of this big hairy spider is like sooooo encouraging:))))

It's half the reason I put stuff on like this, I love teasing the "Freshies" :biglaugh:

Still say it's the Drop Bears you have to watch out for............ can't post pics as I am told off for being too gory!:shocked::shocked:

They are only where tree are though.

For now............... wonder if they will adapt to dropping off buildings???:goofy:

Guest sithewindows

Is that 6 inch coving?

:biglaugh:

The other day we were just looking out over the balcony and a Magpie came swooping in to attack the biggest Huntsman spider I have ever seen.

The Huntsman was actually fighting off the Magpie - boxing / Karate kicks ( looked good with 8 legs) and eventually the Magpie gave up.

Onya Mr Huntsman !!!!:biggrin:

Got this pic shortly after.

1471817_10152018689838685_757516885_n.jpg

Guest Guest75
Honestly had a little palpitation looking at that thing. If it wandered into my house I'd burn it down.

You get used to them......................... I more concerned that it needs a lick of paint out there!!!

You get used to them......................... I more concerned that it needs a lick of paint out there!!!

After "Eek" that was my next reaction too Tyke, but I was too polite to say so!

Seriously, staying in an English countryside cottage during August, we saw spiders every bit as big and scary, and also MANY more spiders indoors than here. Thank goodness for fly screens.

Guest Sarah Bradley

The big ones are cute (and they eat flies) it's the small ones that are dangerous. Seriously I've been here 6 years now and only seen one big one and I use a brush to get the small ones off the garden furniture. Not a problem, insect repellent is great for the screen doors, works a treat!

I saw a very small spider on our floor last week and as I bent over it to look it showed me it was one little spider with a big attitude. It did that standing up on its back legs things and raised its front ones at me. Bad attitude spider.

I saw a very small spider on our floor last week and as I bent over it to look it showed me it was one little spider with a big attitude. It did that standing up on its back legs things and raised its front ones at me. Bad attitude spider.

Hope you didn't look too closely - they shoot darts from their eyes, you know!