• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Stopovers when flying back to the UK

from Leeds now in Brisbane, worked in Adelaide - loved it, now back in Brisbane
      916 times
      Quote Originally Posted by tori0609 View Post
      Thanks for the info!
      We've been to a few places in the States, San Fran, LA, Las Vegas, Hawaii, New Orleans, NY...... is there anywhere you recommend that won't break the bank with flights/accommodation by going that way around the planet?! We'd only want a few days to break up the journey and will have a baby and 3 year old in tow!

It's certainly a small WOrld - we are from Salisbury so just down the road!!!!
      You don't live in fugglestone Red do you? Just that I built the roads and the 1st few houses there.
      But blumming heck, you've just about covered everywhere people are suggesting, so guessing you know a fair bit on flights and that internal flights will be needed in the states, but to where will also depend on time of year especially with the little ones. Some deals do come in with flights to LA then on to other north American cities for $100 or so. if these deals were about you could look at the East coast cities Boston, New York, Washington and all the way down to Florida, from these places you have more chance to pick up good deal to get across the Atlantic, even a charter flight with the likes of Thompson. Or you could go up the west coast to Vancouver or Seattle. Last time we went to Vancouver it was actually, due to the day we needed to travel, more convenient and cheaper to fly back to LA then onto UK. Some might say this is a long way around and too much flying, to me it's a way of getting from A to E via B, C & D because that's what we want to do to see these places.
      Ask away but I think you could tell us some things on travelling!

Modbury Heights, Adelaide
      76 times
      you have covered a lot of our wonderful world!!! in regards to the states I agree with Keith and Linda Vancouver is not a bad option or Qantas go into Dallas so you could do some of the southern states if you had a bit if time ( not much good for a 3 night stop I don't think) now that Qantas and emirates have joined forces we have a lot of people doing there mini round world fares so adelaide via Dubai to Europe and then home from Europe via NY or LA to adelaide - people do it this way to get the extra luggage allowance on the return flight from the USA so more space in the suitcase for shopping as u get 2 cases each coming home from the states!! you mentioned shanghai in a previous post and this is difficult unless you fly china southern which is a good deal but haven't heard great reports on them so your on your own there and u will need a Chinese visa!!!

also as keith says if u go into the main hubs of la or ny it is not much to do internals to other us cities from there however for a 3 night stop again it would be extra travel for not a lot of gain!!

good luck in whatever you decide but it sounds like you might need to get creative!!
      Keith & Linda likes this.
      I work for Phil Hoffmann Travel in Norwood so pm me if you need a holiday!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12