ADL on GMTV this am

Guest jeannie oxford

Guest jeannie oxford

Apparently theres something on GMTV this am at approx 8.20 about ADL (also tomorrow) Havent seen the ad for it myself so apologies if I am wrong.

jeannie x

Guest jill wright

Cheers for that just watched it . Were they in Glenelg?? That guy sounded to have a Ozzie accent after only 8 mths wow hope I do. Interesting that they were saying cost of living cheaper and they could manage on one wage , it looked like a bit of an emigration promotion. Anyway looked good and 25 degrees there and its autumn beats the so called spring/summer weather here.

Any way must dash already late for work but never mind got a spring in my step after watching that

Jill

Guest jeannie oxford

Hi Jill

Not sure where they filmed it, wasn't familiar to me - so may well have been Glenelg. We passed through Glenelg really quickly on our reccie as it was cold the day we passed through and we weren't dressed appropriately! Does anybody who has been out to ADL recognise where they were? It did look lovely. Wish they'd stop putting it on TV and making it so gorgeous - everybody'll want to go and be no room for us wannabees!! LOL

Believe its on again tomorrow but dont know where from - Ill check out GMTV website.

jeannie x

Guest BAZnDAF

I watched it this morning, the family were from London originally, which means they may have had a large amount of capital in their home, so they might of been able to afford a house over there cash, not something I will be able to do, so missus will have to work for a while.

Guest bev_stef

I caught a bit of it this morn, just as we were heading out the door. Recorded it to show oh later. It still looks lovely there, even into the autumn, and the family looks very happy, obviously no 2nd thought there then. A great boost for all of us waiting.

Bev

I made myself late for work (when work is pants I don't really mind being late!) and my eldest late for school waiting in to watch GMTV this morning - I know I've definitely made the right decision:D

Made the girls sit and watch too - eldest loved it - youngest liked it but was more interested in the multi coloured icecream the little girl had! I wish everything in life was so simple;)

Hey ho - felt much better about going into work, but still wishing I wish a bit nearer to going!

Guest Lulujim

I saw it too - couldn't believe it as normally my 22 month old won't let me watch anything except Peppa Pig - but switched on at the right time and was allowed to watch it.

It was lovely, just confirming our decision is right as some days do still worry.. wish we were there now - and will keep fingers crossed visa comes through super fast! :jiggy:

Guest Libby1971

Just watched the clip.

It is def Glenelg, a place that everyone should visit. Along the main street is the best shop, Haighs, a chocolate shop that is the closest to Thorntons that Adelaide offers. The beach is great, there are plenty of shops and cafes/ restaurants. There is a pie shop which sells just about every pie that you could think of and even a shop that sells some British stuff, although it is overpriced as you can imagine.

The beaches that run along Glenelg continue down the coastline of Adelaide for miles both north and south. Southern areas include Brighton, Christies Beach (the beaches are fab there), Port Noarlunga South, which is wonderful for kids, Seaford, Moana, Port Willunga and Aldinga.

And as they said the weather in autumn is great. I remember arriving at this time last year and walking down Glenelg in tshirts, the kids and OH in shorts, and watching Aussies in jumpers, scarves, and even long coats. It isn't that cold to me but you never know. This weekend the weather is expected to turn but let's hope it doesn't last long.

Libby

Yes was down there the other day and noticed they packets of Bisto in the window of the Old Lolly shop, if any of you are having severe hankerings. It won't be cheap as Libby says, Foodland in Morphettvale has a tiny English section if you fancy paying $7-8 for a tin of steamed pudding or $4 for mushy peas.:biglaugh:

That pie shop sells an Adelaide icon... Meat pie sitting in pea soup with tomato sauce over it.

Guest jill wright

Whoo think I'm quite clever guessing it was Glenelg when I've never even been to Adelaide !!! yes Sue I spotted the maccy D's too at least there'll be someting for Thomas to eat

Jillx

Guest jeannie oxford
Hi Jeannie

Sorry we didn't see it (obviously teehee!)

Love your new avator

Sas

xx

Hi Keith and Sas and girlies.

Thought you'd like that! ;)

Have Graham and Jac arrived yet? Send our best to them. Ill PM or (try to) Skype you soon.

jeannie x

Guest jill wright

P.s thanks for the links guys meant my hubby could watch it too . Got us right in the mood for it with it being a lovely sunny evening here ( emigrating that is !!!!!!)

Jill & Phil

Guest Diane

Along the main street is the best shop, Haighs, a chocolate shop that is the closest to Thorntons that Adelaide offers.

Slightly off topic so apologies for that but if you like chocolate, try and book yourself onto one of the free tours of the Haigh's factory (Greenhill Road, just to the south of the City parklands) - really fun, free tea and coffee, and free samples! And also Myer have recently started selling Thorntons chocolates.

On the subject of Glenelg too (lovely palindrome that) - apparently the proprietors of The Greedy Goose (restaurant in Adelaide that won a recent reality TV show here) have opened a gourmet burger joint in Jetty Road, Glenelg too - just opposite Maccas, so the kids could have their Happy Meals while the adults had an even happier meal....

Enjoy!

Diane