New British Fish and Chip Shop in Adelaide Opening

Ktee

A new British Fish and Chip Shop will be opening in Glenelg next year. It will be situated at the bottom of Jetty Road and will have an air con seating area. Good luck to Simon and Catherine I hope your new venture is a success. Chumley has an excellent reputation in Qld, wish they would bring one to Cairns.

Guest gymnast11

good luck were not far from Glenelg so will be popping in :)

A new British Fish and Chip Shop will be opening in Glenelg next year. It will be situated at the bottom of Jetty Road and will have an air con seating area. Good luck to Simon and Catherine I hope your new venture is a success. Chumley has an excellent reputation in Qld, wish they would bring one to Cairns.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Fingers crossed for them, sounds like it will be just around the corner from us so we'll be trying it out for sure! :biggrin:

Only worry is that there are already 3 fish & chip shops within 1 minutes walk from here (literally) and several more around the area so they will have to be good and something special to survive i guess.

We'll keep a look out, and best of luck to them!

Guest Claire-n-tel
Does anyone know exactly where....?

Um......there are a few empty shops at the mo although not sure how many are suitable....i read 'bottom of jetty rd' to mean moesley square end? there are the tiny place next to cibos, the butchers next to uk sweet shop, the old 24hr shop. don't think anymore this end, they were doing up the old newsagents the other day that is up at the traffic lights tho......hmmmm i will keep a look out!:rolleyes:

Guest Sarah1986

There is a chippy which sells awesome fish and chips opposite the OG Hotel on North East Road if anyone needs a fish and chip shop towards Tea Tree Plaza :) they do salt and vinegar too! :)

Can't understand why someone would be excited about an "English" fish and chip shop after travelling 12000 miles to get away from England...

Same reason I guess there are countless other takeaways.restaurants,cafes from different cultures!Why would english be any different? Ask the vietnamese on Nth East Rd why they opened a Vietnamese bakery!Ask an Italian deli owner why they sell Salami!

Can't understand why someone would be excited about an "English" fish and chip shop after travelling 12000 miles to get away from England...

Not everyone hated every little thing about England.

The only things I came here for were weather and space. People, food, shopping etc I still believe are better in the uk and I miss them.

Guest Sarah1986

I miss the little things at home like the local chippy and I do love it when I find something in Australia that is reminds me of home, yeah there are so many more restaurants that sell yummy food too but having a chippy makes me feel more at home and settled :) I am wondering if more people feel like that?

P.s all those British food lovers out there! There is a yummy butchers which sells british pork pies, scotch eggs, British ham, bacon, gammon and many more British foods. It's called Silver Platter and it's in Tea Tree Gully on North East Road :) just a little shop I found :D

yes... where do you buy proper malt vinegar in SA??

I can find very small bottles of Sarsons. There are also litre bottles of something called "Malt Vinegar" (but this is a blend of malt and spirit vinegar, and it hasn't been matured in Oak).

But where can you get a litre or two of the real stuff?

:swoon: John B

Where did you find the Sarsons?

I know right. What losers. Has nobody told them that when you move countries you have to automatically stop liking everything about the old land.

It's like, I used to enjoy going to the beach in the summer in the UK so I make sure I stay far away from it here!!

Guest Guest75
I know right. What losers. Has nobody told them that when you move countries you have to automatically stop liking everything about the old land.

It's like, I used to enjoy going to the beach in the summer in the UK so I make sure I stay far away from it here!!

Yep - I hate drinking beer now!!!!