Heelies in oz??

Guest Leanne & Mark

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

As regards to the heelies for your lil lad, i have not seen many kids here in them and to be honest i don't think i have even seen them in the shops. My mum came over in feb and brought my eldest a pair from the UK, whenever he goes out on them all the ozzie kids stare in amazement. lol

Leanne :cute:

Guest Libby1971
Lib, you ARE an old fogey!!! Even I know that they're shoes with wheels in the heels! They're a ****ing nuisance as well!:realmad: Happily they don't seem to be widely used round here. I have seen kids wearing them but I'm willing to bet they're English!

:P:p:biglaugh: Liz you are cheeky!

Libby

Guest Diane

You can buy them here but the only place I know is the Brickworks Markets - about $50 a pair.

Mind you, what you really need is a Rip Stick - much more fun and much more cool!!!!

Diane

Guest Leanne & Mark
heelys are here in adelaide but haven't seen many kids wear them just as long as you dont wear them in the shopper markets/food halls as i cant stand kids speeding up and down the isles as my trolley always seems to steer in front of them

alex

Nice one...hope that makes you feel better!:skeptical: Nothing like letting Kids be Kids aye!!

Well Blake loves his, and lives in his.....Shopping malls are the best cos there aren't as many hazards under their feet!! He is so good on his though its fasinating to watch!! He spins, and goes backwards....Show off!!:o

Ethan ...bless him, begged for a pair cos they are not cheap!! But can only scoot around on one foot at the moment. But by the time we get thier i'm sure he'll be speeding around!! Wwon't that just annoy you .....grumpy ol things!!;)

Hmmm might have to bring a few pairs with me!!!!

Guest Leanne & Mark
You can buy them here but the only place I know is the Brickworks Markets - about $50 a pair.

Mind you, what you really need is a Rip Stick - much more fun and much more cool!!!!

Diane

Right i have no idea what a rip stick is?? Care to elaborate.

Real Heelies are over £50 here ?????Are they cheap rip offs, cos the bearings in them aren't as good??

Guest Diane

Yeh, probably by the very fact that they are selling them in the market you can safely assume they are cheap rip-offs! A rip stick is a kind of skateboard with only one wheel at each end - I've just googled it to find a picture and apparently it's a 'two-wheeled articulated skateboard - not sure if this will work but if not, try a Google Image search to get the idea:

outdoorAdv_RipStikDiagram.jpg

You don't need to take a foot off to push it along, you sort of wiggle your hips and it will even go up slight hills! Faster and better than heelies, my son and his mates reckon!!