The Brewery Lights

snifter

We went along to see the brewery lights last night. Got there early, by about 7.30pm, parked in the car park next to the lights (and opposite the Entertainment centre). We wandered along in daylight and then under the bridge and along to the play park in Bonython park though the parklands. Spent a bit of time there, cafe was still open, then wandered over to see the police horses turned out in their paddocks. Then as darkness fell we headed back toward the river and back under the bridge and wandered along the riverbank with all the displays lit up. Loads of people by this time but it was fab to see. Checked out the stalls at the end before heading home.

Some pics below. Not the greatest as on my phone but gives an idea. Worth checking out if you've younger kids and have not been before or are not long arrived and wondering what to do/see in the run up to Christmas. Lovely to see and can make an evening of it. Lots of kids in PJ's and dressed up in fancy dress (my son included).

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

Have to ask, what's do the Police Greys have to do with it? Their stables are a great place to visit if you can arrange a small group.

Did you read the post in full? As in it I explained about what we did over the course of the entire evening, in which we did not confine ourselves solely to seeing the lights. I threw in a few other non lights pics but they would not all upload into the post (limit reached) so I just left the horses in and the other two pics off.

Looks fab Snifter!Thanks for sharing!Was the actual brewery open for business?I'm thinking it would be a good idea if it were,discount tinnies for Xmas!lol

Thanks Lily R :) I've no clue if it was open in the evening. Worth checking out to see if its open for tours though?

The brewery tower seems to have a bit of history and the family were good-naturedly discussing its history and what was written on it as we wandered along the park across the road. Hubby appears to have the best eyesight in the family these days it seems ;) I blamed it being almost dark as to why I couldn't read it properly :cute:

Did you read the post in full? As in it I explained about what we did over the course of the entire evening, in which we did not confine ourselves solely to seeing the lights. I threw in a few other non lights pics but they would not all upload into the post (limit reached) so I just left the horses in and the other two pics off.

Oops, sorry but no, I didn't read it all.

We went last year, they were pretty fun but I'm not sure we'd make the effort to drive all the way up this year; there are so many houses around that have gone all out that I think we may do a drive instead. I think we may give Lobethal a go next year and build ourselves up to a day trip to Loxton for their Christmas celebrations.

We're going so far as to put our tree up today :xmas3:

We went last year, they were pretty fun but I'm not sure we'd make the effort to drive all the way up this year; there are so many houses around that have gone all out that I think we may do a drive instead. I think we may give Lobethal a go next year and build ourselves up to a day trip to Loxton for their Christmas celebrations.

We're going so far as to put our tree up today :xmas3:

I can appreciate not wanting to travel so far, especially if you've seen them already. I'd not go again next year. We've other places we want to check out, like you we'd like to see Lobethel and one or two others. We had wanted to go see them this year but tbh we've so many other things on we don't really have time. We are also heading to Westminster later this week for their display (or choir or some such).

How did the tree go?