The thread for people we're missing! :(

Lily Rainbow

Hi all,

Today I have spent some time thinking about my folks in Adelaide (I'm in the UK)that I am missing.Especially miss them all at Xmas time.Today (Sunday)my Mum who is 82,had everyone round (She lives at Modbury SA)my brothers & sisters.Its her annual pre Xmas get together,and god I really miss them all.I miss my son (who I had adopted at birth in Adelaide and have since reconnected with,lives in Adelaide also)and could just really do with a hug from them all.Felt quite sad today tbh.There must be a few of you out there also missing people,a hug to you all xxxx

Guest Guest75
Here's a shout out for Tyke, Mrs Tyke, LAzy Cow and "Bubbles" Here's hoping you are getting good mileage out of my Leather coat :-)

Shouting right back at yer.!!

Your coat has done some miles now - ended up in Shanghai with Big Al a couple of years ago!

I must be either lucky or selfish. I don't miss anyone at Christmas. Used to be a chore and depressing in the UK. Hence, on a personal level it's far more enjoyable here in Aus. Sorry to hear of those who go through a difficult time whilst separated from family etc.

Lucky this year as my mom and step dad are here with us. Missing my dad, in laws and siblings though. To be honest it's swings and roundabouts though, I won't miss all the driving around trying to fit everybody in on Xmas day itself.

Ironically, both parents are pretty ill with bugs caught during long haul flights here so they are pretty hard work at the moment and that's more annoying cos we cannot do all the things we planned. Xmas is just stress central whatever you end up doing, to be honest, the only person I really need is my husband and this amazing country full of beautiful things. It's been one massive, joyous adventure since we arrived in May.

Merry Christmas to you all and a peaceful and sunny new year.

Ali

Awww us too, hubbys family are all in Adelaide....Salisbury North, Paralowie, Nailsworth, St Kilda and I have a daughter in Dubai :(. Since we decided to live in the UK 8 years ago, my parents and a sister and niece

have passed away, and my son and other daughter who have my 5 grandchildren between them do not have any contact with us at all. Just us two for Christmas :(...how things change in a heartbeat