Schumacher fighting for his life

Diane

This is terrible..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530681/BREAKING-NEWS-Former-F1-champion-racing-driver-Michael-Schumacher-suffers-head-injuries-skiing-accident.html

Really hope he pulls through this one. Tragic after so many years in such a high risk sport as F1 that this has happened doing something millions do every year without a problem.:sad:

Very sad news - he was a great driver, you had to admire his determination. Maybe that will help him pull through this.

I was at the Adelaide Grand prix 1994 when he drove into Damon Hill and won the Championship. It was all down to the last race of the season and either Hill or Schumacher could win. I was standing just behind the fence where he initially hit the wall, we were all cheering thinking that Hill would now win the Championship, but unfortunately couldn't see the 'crash' at the next bend which put both of them out of the race, and prevented Hill from becoming world champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0t4Ug11v8

I pass my best wishes to Michael and his family at this difficult time. The accident seems very similar to Kevin Pearce's accident who has substantially recovered following a mid level snowboarding accident, again wearing a helmet although as with most ski helmets only tested to circa 30mph impact speeds. Look out the amazing story of Kevin Pearce, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2499076/

S

Bit of an unlucky fall for him. I hope he pulls through this but to be honest I never liked the man. He was utterly selfish teammate (teammate being a very loose term for him) and was also, lets be honest, a cheat. Didn't take a stop/go penalty at Silverstone one year, deliberately rammed Jacques Villeneuve in another and deliberately obstructed Alonso's "flying" qualifying lap at Monaco to ensure he got pole position in yet another.

All the talk of him being the greatest driver is rubbish as true greats don't cheat.

Edit: and given his character and actions do we really believe his collision with Damon Hill was an unlucky mishap?

Sorry Sidestep but some of your comments although partly true are generally out of order considering he is currently fighting for his life. I am far from a Schumacher fan however as with most of the drivers, put them in a car and the red mist clouds their judgement however away from the cars they are just normal family people. I have met a large number of drivers including the current clan and none of them have ever given the impression of being nothing but genuine friendly people who feel privileged to be in their position.

Michael Schumacher was the greatest driver of his generation.

S

So sidestep should wait until Schumacher has recovered, and then repost his comments?

I don't have an issue with that just that Sidesteps timing in expressing his point of view is not great, always ugly to see somebody kicked when they are down.

Trust me im not encouraging a Schumacher love in!

S

Well if he hadn't taken a bit of a tumble he wouldn't be in the news currently so this thread wouldn't have existed and therefore I wouldn't have posted anything about him at all. Like all topical threads, the subject only rears its head when something happens. The fact he's ended up in hospital shouldn't mean I'm only supposed to say what a jolly good chap he is whereas I think the opposite has been demonstrated many times.

On the other hand of course if threads like these are supposed to only be fluffy-bunny-lovey-dovey then why not say so at the outset so no negative waves can be aired and anyone who wants to participate in blowing sunshine up someones rear can do so without any fear of a post of the opposite opinion ruining the love-in.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Unfortunatly whatever anyone thinks of the man good, bad or indifferent it is actually not him suffering right now (and quite possibly never will be) it will be his wife/kids/family

Guest Claire-n-tel
Sorry - didn't know only positive opinions were allowed. My bad.

Oh seriously come on!!.......

What anyone thinks or doesn't think of the man is nothing to do with this thread. There is nothing to stop you starting a thread on this different subject if you wanted to. I don't see what relevance his character has on the subject, does it mean he deserved it to happen, or doesn't deserve medical help, or his family don't deserve the thoughts of others?