Meet "Ronnie" the new addition to the family

Moosh

Meet the new addition to the family "Ronnie" the 15 week old Red Sided Eclectus Parrot. Named after hubby's late Uncle Ron who died of cancer last year.

He arrived at the house today and he also had his wing clipped so he is a bit down about it. He is sitting quietly in his cage but is observing everything you do and say - he certainly posed for the pictures anyway. We are letting him settle in to his new surroundings before handling him and then we will teach him to talk! :chatterbox:

He's just made the funniest noise - like a laugh - maybe he's mimmicking me already! I've been watching him and he closes his eyes as if he's going to sleep and then nearly falls off the perch and wakes himself with a jerk. lol

Hope you like the pics. Click on them to make them larger.

th_Ronnie1.jpg

th_Ronnie2.jpg

th_Ronnie4.jpg

He's such a poser!

Guest caoimhe

My neighbour had a parrot that they got from someone they knew, they had to get rid of him as he was bitting everyone except their daughter. He would sit on the daughters shoulder and kiss her but told everyone else to F*** off when they came near him :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hope your's has a nicer personality

Guest dunnarunna

hes lovely, i want want, i always wanted a parrot i nearly got an african grey but then we decided to move to oz instead. thats one of the many things im looking forward to in australia the birds.

donna

Guest Guest75

Congratulations on Ronnies arrival.

I love parrots but not safe here for them here with our doggies.

He'll soon learn to talk - he'll pick it up quick with the amount you do :biglaugh::biglaugh:;);)