Flights to the UK in September '14

debbie lawrence

Hi i know i've missed the early bird fares but we're looking to go back to the UK in September for my sons graduation does anyone know if i'd be best to book now or wait and see if there are any special deals coming later. Thinking of trying to do it with shortest time between flights and have found Emirates $4898 with 2.25 hrs in Dubai on way out and 1hr 40 on the way back or Singapore $4367 with 1hr 5 mins on way out and 1.10 on the way back only difference is one is into Gatwick and one into Heathrow but either one is ok.

Any advice appreciated as this is the first time we'll be going back but will be doing it again next year for my daughters graduation !!

Cheers

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hey Deb!.....Happy New Year!

Please tell me that is for both of you?!.......personally if those were the prices coming up i would wait, we've never paid over $4000 for the two of us

Claire xxx

Guest guest13664

Have you checked a Royal Brunei Air. They are ex Melbourne and stop in Brunei and Dubai but you can fly a very good standard business class for the same amount as Singapore or a Emirates.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Have you checked a Royal Brunei Air. They are ex Melbourne and stop in Brunei and Dubai but you can fly a very good standard business class for the same amount as Singapore or a Emirates.

Um......to fly return in sept it is $5888 per person in buisiness how is that the same as $2000 - $2500 with Singapore or Emirates?

Hi i know i've missed the early bird fares but we're looking to go back to the UK in September for my sons graduation does anyone know if i'd be best to book now or wait and see if there are any special deals coming later. Thinking of trying to do it with shortest time between flights and have found Emirates $4898 with 2.25 hrs in Dubai on way out and 1hr 40 on the way back or Singapore $4367 with 1hr 5 mins on way out and 1.10 on the way back only difference is one is into Gatwick and one into Heathrow but either one is ok.

Any advice appreciated as this is the first time we'll be going back but will be doing it again next year for my daughters graduation !!

Cheers

We are looking for a flight to manchester in April and the best option I can see at the moment is via Emirates, adelaide dubai manchester with less than 2 hours in dubai at just over $2k per person return.....

cost versus hassle :) think this is best deal

Lynne

Guest guest13664
Um......to fly return in sept it is $5888 per person in buisiness how is that the same as $2000 - $2500 with Singapore or Emirates?

Oh my giddy aunt, I was just suggesting that they take a look at Royal Brunei, there was no need to be rude. So sometimes RB are cheaper by 1000's. In this case, maybe not.

It's worth waiting a bit and just keep looking and checking comparison sites. Also check comparison sites and whatever the cheapest is then go direct to the airlines site to see if they do better. I booked flights for my partner and myself this week to Dublin for April for $1500 each return. Only 1 2hr stop in Dubai. Flying with emirates but booked through qantas as they were doing a sale on the dats. Emirates were quoting around $1900 each

oops meant to say it was for the 2 of us, happy New year to you too, i'm really sorry but just realised i've still got your sleeping bags, i put them away in the cupboard and totally forgot, will get them back to you asap :( sorry

cheers everyone, think i may keep looking, if anyone hears of any deals be grateful if you'd let me know x

Guest Claire-n-tel
Oh my giddy aunt, I was just suggesting that they take a look at Royal Brunei, there was no need to be rude. So sometimes RB are cheaper by 1000's. In this case, maybe not.

I was not/am not being rude, and that was not what you said, the OP had stated when she wants to fly so it would have been easy to check.

When it is your first post ever on a forum maybe a better idea would be to introduce yourself, there have been many people that appear to join up in order to advertise something by giving "advice" so seriously calm yourself down and maybe come back and start by saying hi:wink:

Guest Claire-n-tel
oops meant to say it was for the 2 of us, happy New year to you too, i'm really sorry but just realised i've still got your sleeping bags, i put them away in the cupboard and totally forgot, will get them back to you asap :( sorry

cheers everyone, think i may keep looking, if anyone hears of any deals be grateful if you'd let me know x

Ah Deb, no worries!.....I'd forgotten as well! .i'd have called if we needed them urgently!.....WOW irishglover what a bargain, bugger we can't get away in April!

hi

this is a bit of a funny time to be looking for flights we r currently in what we call in the industry "no mans land!!!" the current early birds that were out finished on the 23rd dec and the next round of early birds hasn't been launched yet so current pricing is basically at a full fare with no specials. usually airlines will come out with the next round of Earlybird specials in jan that will finish at the end of feb so while they will not be as cheap as if u booked back in sep/ Oct they should be cheaper than u r currently finding. that said there are no guarantees with airlines we r just working on the patterns from the last few years.

I would wait 7/10 days and try again. if they drop then u shud def book sooner rather than later as it will only go up as availability goes down

pm me if u need help

Edited by OKMorris
spelling

Obviously each and every situation is different, and money is an important at factor. I have been back 6 times in 10 years and will now be going regularly to a role I now have, every few months.

Emirates to me are the best due to the fact they go from Adelaide and have a quick stop in Dubai, so you get to UK and back quickly, and use the new A380s for one leg each way.

Singapore are also good, and if you don't like being on a plane a long time, stopping in the transit hotel for a sleep is a cheapish way of breaking the journey. We arrive late afternoon in UK rather than early morning due to the extended time In Singapore, but arrived very fresh.

Cathay was good but due to the time of flights I remember the whole journey to UK being at night, which wasn't great as daylight is nice at times!

Virgin from Sydney was a good flight and service, but flying to SYDNEY first wasn't worth the effort.

i am going again next month and will use a emirates as I need to get there and back quickly.

If you are spending over $2000 on a flight and can find the extra few hundred dollars to get the flight you want, I would spend it.

diane, thanks for that just had a check and its only from UK and on selected dates, when i checked from here it was coming out at $30007 EACH, but thanks for looking

Grrr I know it's all about supply and demand but really annoys me that a flight Lon-Adl-Lon is always so much cheaper than the other way round :sad: We need a rebellion...!!

Got a really good friend who works at the flight centre gillies plains her name is Bec tell her I've sent you and she will sort you out the best deal she can. She just got flights for a friends of mine and saved her heaps. Not sure if I'm allowed to put her phone number on here so pm if you need it :).

Hi Debbie

Just thought I would mention about travel insurance as you are returning for an 'event'. We have used http://www.1cover.com.au/travel-insurance/overseas-coversummary.html previously for trips back to the UK as we were attending 'events' such as weddings and funerals and this provides cover in case of delays with transport.

We usually fly with Malaysia Airlines back to the UK, purely because we prefer their flight times and through KL is a quick route with just enough time between connecting flights. Once we got to Adelaide airport and there was a mechanical issue (I haven't found an insurance policy yet that covers you for this, bit of a scam in my opinion) with the plane and we were all told to come back the same time the next day. There were people on that flight that had trips booked but because they were arriving later than they should they missed the trips and ended up seriously out of pocket. My parents have also been delayed by 24 hours leaving from Adelaide, again with Malaysia Airlines, but this time it was birds damaging the plane as it was landing in Adelaide!

Got a really good friend who works at the flight centre gillies plains her name is Bec tell her I've sent you and she will sort you out the best deal she can.

Not having a dig, and I know that many people on here seem a bit sensitive at the moment (probably all those Xmas carbs) so I'm cautious about posting this, but I always find this 'tell her I've sent you' thing strange. It seems to imply that the lady in the travel agency wouldn't try to give a customer the best deal she could unless the customer's been sent by someone she knows. Anyone in a travel agency (especially given the number of flights that are booked online rather than through a traditional shop these days) who's any good at what they do would surely look for the best deal anyway, wouldn't they?

:biglaugh::wink::wubclub::smile::notworthy::rolleyes:

I've added a variety of emoticons to my words in the hope that nobody gets upset ...

Guest Claire-n-tel

I've added a variety of emoticons to my words in the hope that nobody gets upset ...

hi Jim/Adel......i'm offended that you don't appear angry/annoyed about this? :biglaugh::wink:

Guest Guest75
Not having a dig, and I know that many people on here seem a bit sensitive at the moment (probably all those Xmas carbs) so I'm cautious about posting this, but I always find this 'tell her I've sent you' thing strange. It seems to imply that the lady in the travel agency wouldn't try to give a customer the best deal she could unless the customer's been sent by someone she knows. Anyone in a travel agency (especially given the number of flights that are booked online rather than through a traditional shop these days) who's any good at what they do would surely look for the best deal anyway, wouldn't they?

Clever bottom < substitute another phrase that may offend someone> :biglaugh:

I often wonder about this also - well pointed out.

I ask people to mention me as it shows that I am recommending the person /service and hopefully they will return the compliment.

Boo hoo I'm never going to be able to cope with the rest of my life after that comment.

Nah I don't care but she is a good friend of mine and she will always go that little be extra for a friend. But you don't have to go to her I was just trying to help someone get a cheaper flight and help her get some new returning customers. Like all agents they work on a commission and like someone in sales will forgo some of that commission to get a returning customer!

Guest Guest75
Better!........thankyou, i will dismount the high horse i was about to gallop away on :tongue:

Thinking of this turn of phrase.................. will some die out as some will not understand them - I mean ....since when did I see a Soap box???