Cousins 14 yr old beaten unconscious on way home from school (UK)

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

I found out tonight that my cousins son (AGED 14) has been beaten up until unconscious on way from school after getting off train near his home!Totally unprovoked!Was head butted first which he remembers nothing after that,then witnesses say he was then kicked in the head repeatedly by the gang of older youths and left for dead!

Apparently because they had training shoes on rather than shoes or boots he has lived to tel the tale!It turns out these are older kids from his actual school!Consequently he now is terrified of returning to school this Monday after 10 days of recovery!

Worse nightmare!

This has made me even more determined to get out of this violent country!

I'm not saying there aren't problems werever we go but i just hope to god if Adelaide ever catches up to this scary country we live in now in the UK then at least my kids will be a lot lot older and that they were given the best years of their childhood and adolescence in a safer environment!

Gill

Guest aussiewannabee

So sorry to here of your cousin, I hope he is doing ok, where abouts did this happen, cos my wife is from aintree, and her sister lives in melling.

I think this country is dying now, it shouldnt be called great britain anymore, theres nothing great about it, all the lawlessnes is crippling it.

We live in warrington not far from where the man was beaten to death by those 3 young knobheads.

to be honest, this is why so many british people are leaving. I just hope and prey that australia never ever gets like this.

Good luck for the future and best wishes to your cousin.

Aussie.

Guest cunnah10
So sorry to here of your cousin, I hope he is doing ok, where abouts did this happen, cos my wife is from aintree, and her sister lives in melling.

I think this country is dying now, it shouldnt be called great britain anymore, theres nothing great about it, all the lawlessnes is crippling it.

We live in warrington not far from where the man was beaten to death by those 3 young knobheads.

to be honest, this is why so many british people are leaving. I just hope and prey that australia never ever gets like this.

Good luck for the future and best wishes to your cousin.

Aussie.

Thanks for message!You maybe shocked to know it was actually at Aintree Station were you say you wife was originally from!Again melling that you mentioned is no better as there was a shhoting there in broad daylight a few weeks ago!

Time to escape this very sad country!As you say what is so Great about Britain anymore!!!

Gill

Guest bev_stef

Oh Gill

That is absolutely awful. The poor lad must be terrified. I hope someone had identified these thugs and they get done for it, but knowing this country nothing will happen, they will get new identities or something silly like that, and end up living the life of riley. Drives me insane. Hope your cousin feels better physically soon, but i'm sure the poor lads, got some mental scarring.

Take care

Bev

Guest hel&sam

poor thing, i hope he recovers fully even so its bound to affect him. its sooo scary how these things are a daily occurance now. so hope we're gone before my two are independent. any comments from those already there in adelaide about these sorts of things happening there?

Guest aussiewannabee

hi gill,

was just wondering how far down the line u are with your visas as it will be hard to leave your family now i would imagine even though u want a better life in oz, and my wife was wondering how old u r incase she knows u she went to maghull high school.

Aussie.

Guest paul_smart

this county is falling apart at an alarmingly fast rate, yes OZ has it's problems but they are not the same, please god don't let us export our baggage to such a great country as OZ,

I hope your cousin gets well soon, you may need a bigger residence in OZ eh?, this counrty is in it's last death throws if the younger generation is like this how bad are their children going to be, a generation of children raising children and a collapse of society, the poilce force wound up in red tape by crazy leftists who want "human rights" for murderers and thugs while victims suffer, it's so sad really this once was a great country, how did we go from the war generation to this?? I fear growing old here!!

Guest Nick11
I found out tonight that my cousins son (AGED 14) has been beaten up until unconscious on way from school after getting off train near his home!Totally unprovoked!Was head butted first which he remembers nothing after that,then witnesses say he was then kicked in the head repeatedly by the gang of older youths and left for dead!

Apparently because they had training shoes on rather than shoes or boots he has lived to tel the tale!It turns out these are older kids from his actual school!Consequently he now is terrified of returning to school this Monday after 10 days of recovery!

Worse nightmare!

This has made me even more determined to get out of this violent country!

I'm not saying there aren't problems werever we go but i just hope to god if Adelaide ever catches up to this scary country we live in now in the UK then at least my kids will be a lot lot older and that they were given the best years of their childhood and adolescence in a safer environment!

Gill

And what will happen to these violent bullies if they are ever caught

Some do gooder will blame everyone but them - saying it's their childhood and society is to blame!!!!!

A good dose of national service is what they need!!

Good god - have just realised I sound like my grand parents!!

Reason 143 to leave the UK

On the adelaide news last week the leading story was 4 girls go shop lifting armed with a screwdriver!!

National outcry!!!

Kind of puts in all in perspective.

Guest Devon

So sorry to hear about this and let's hope he recovers soon.

In answer to Hel and Sams question, unfortunately Adelaide is not crime free. In last weeks paper was reading about a woman in her forties who was knocked unconcious for her handbag near Brighton station at 11:00 am :shocked: Then there was a home invasion at Christies beach where the woman woke up and was beaten with an iron bar :shocked:

Does not happen anywhere near so much I don't think as in the UK. However does seem to be getting worse! Also still more than where I used to live in sleepy old Exmouth :arghh:

Yes there is crime, but it is still unusual for a 14 year old to get beaten up that they are unconcious. It would be a major headline, etc. My son is 18 now and for the last five or so years, he has been getting public transport by himself and has had no problems. I am happy for him to walk around the city at night and come home late. In our suburb there are no gangs of youths gathering and intimidating people. Occasionally you see small groups walking together down the road, but they are going on their way and minding their business. Of course he knows to be careful and not walk down dark laneways in the city, but apart from alcahol fuelled bother there really is very little violence evident. It does happen but not everyday.

Guest cunnah10
hi gill,

was just wondering how far down the line u are with your visas as it will be hard to leave your family now i would imagine even though u want a better life in oz, and my wife was wondering how old u r incase she knows u she went to maghull high school.

Aussie.

Hi again!We have our chest x rays tomorrow and medicals for us and the 4 kids in 3weeks time then we wait for the thumbs up(hopefully)for the visa to be granted!Hse went on market this week (had a very keen viewer yesterday).

My plan is to aim to be in Adelaide this September!Before my then 11 year old will have to start in the local high school(deyes high).

These scumbags were all from maghull high(they have been arrested)!Where my cousin's son also goes!

I am (41)just!!!!

I didn't move to Maghull until i was 20 (i moved to Melling actually and lived on a farm with my parents)so your wife would not have known me from school!

Were are you up to with everything?

Gill

Guest scrash89

I immigrated with my parents 17 years ago when i was just a baby with my parents and older brother and sister and have grown up in adelaide, and i can tell you that its not crime free.

Im 18 now and would just like to give you a teenagers point of view on the situation. Before i got my license i caught public transport to school every day. Its not much different here than it is to your story. I have seen countless beatings ON trains and busses and have even had it tried on me a few times. It really depends on what area you move to in Adelaide. If I was bringing a family over from another country into Adelaide i would try to avoid the northern suburbs as much as possible and even some of the southern suburbs.

Teenagers are the same anywhere you go. I went back to england for a few months when i was 16 and there isnt that much of a difference between the teens here and there...except there was more in england....and most are skinny idiots that think theyre hard.

Its just silly to think that there is gonna be a massive difference in the teens in adelaide and england....teens are teens. They all fight and smoke and drink and burn things...fact of life. Some of them just take it further.

End of my rant anyway...just take it into consideration before you assume adelaide is your sanctuary.

Hey Gill

So sorry to hear about your cousins son. Its great to see these thugs have been arrested, i just wish the punishment would fit the crime (although i'm well aware it won't).

I hope he makes a full recovery soon.

Emma +

Alicia (6).xx

Guest cunnah10
I immigrated with my parents 17 years ago when i was just a baby with my parents and older brother and sister and have grown up in adelaide, and i can tell you that its not crime free.

Im 18 now and would just like to give you a teenagers point of view on the situation. Before i got my license i caught public transport to school every day. Its not much different here than it is to your story. I have seen countless beatings ON trains and busses and have even had it tried on me a few times. It really depends on what area you move to in Adelaide. If I was bringing a family over from another country into Adelaide i would try to avoid the northern suburbs as much as possible and even some of the southern suburbs.

Teenagers are the same anywhere you go. I went back to england for a few months when i was 16 and there isnt that much of a difference between the teens here and there...except there was more in england....and most are skinny idiots that think theyre hard.

Its just silly to think that there is gonna be a massive difference in the teens in adelaide and england....teens are teens. They all fight and smoke and drink and burn things...fact of life. Some of them just take it further.

End of my rant anyway...just take it into consideration before you assume adelaide is your sanctuary.

Hey Thanks for taking the trouble to write that message about "teenagers"!

Really appreciate if 1st hand from a teenager who lives there and has been brought up with the teens way of life in Adelaide!

I take on board (as many others will) that Adelaide is certainly not crime free and you get your fair share of bullies,crime,smackheads etc but we are "hoping" that it is not on the same scale as we are witnessing everyday here now in the UK!It can't be as bad surely!!!!

How do the schools deal with bullies out there?

Do the police sort many gangs out that are causing trouble?

My kids are still only young 3,7,9 and 10 and i am hoping that we would be giving them a better chance in oz!They do not go anywhere yet on their own and it will be a long time off before they will be given such freedom!When the time comes for them to become more independant then we can only do our best to protect them and teach them to protect themselves from the big bad "WORLD" we unfortunately live in!

Thanks again for giving us the info 1st hand!!!!

Gill

Guest scrash89

The police do sort out gangs to an extent...i dont think they focus on it enough though. I had a car stolen from out the front of my girlfriends parents house by a gang thats well known and i dont think they were ever caught even though i told them who they were. They focus mainly on young drivers being "hoons" at the moment.

I wasnt exactly the model student at school but i wouldnt have called myself a bully as such, but i always got away with what i did and i never saw anyone else getting punished very badly for being bullies. Its basically the stupid meat heads that get caught but i suppose they are usually the worst bullies.

Do you have any suburbs in mind for where you are planning on living over here?

Guest ali@51

Hi Gill

so sorry to here about your cousin hope he is well on the way to recovery. Also hope these thugs get what they deserve but I have to say I think it is unlikly probably be back at school next week!!!!:sad: Good luck for the X-rays

ali

Guest cunnah10
The police do sort out gangs to an extent...i dont think they focus on it enough though. I had a car stolen from out the front of my girlfriends parents house by a gang thats well known and i dont think they were ever caught even though i told them who they were. They focus mainly on young drivers being "hoons" at the moment.

I wasnt exactly the model student at school but i wouldnt have called myself a bully as such, but i always got away with what i did and i never saw anyone else getting punished very badly for being bullies. Its basically the stupid meat heads that get caught but i suppose they are usually the worst bullies.

Hi Again!

Thanks for your latest message!

We are not 100% sure yet which area to go for to settle in but have a few in mind to look at when we arrive in September!

Seaford

Port Norlungua

Happy Valley

Woodcroft

Morphett Vale

Aberfoyle Park

Hallet Cove

Flagstaff Hill

These are all suburbs that we like the sound of but we will have to rent a house first until we get a good feel of the place and do lots of research on all these areas (schools being important ).

Keep in touch

Anymore info greatly appreciated!

Gill

Guest paul_smart

Hi Scrash89.

The issue for all to remember is that the grass isn't necessarily greener, but the issues wrong the grass over there is different to the ones over here, people kicked to death for their £5 supper, 11 year olds being shot, sometimes by other 11 year olds, there are gangs of roving kids, kicking people to death for something to do, I'm in a SE london suburb and, I am in a crappy part of London I admit, it's not as bad everywhere and this isn't a daily occurence here but in the last 3 years there have been incidents of roving gangs of kids attacking people, for no-reason, they threw a girl off of a bridge into the thames, kicked her boyfriend to death and 10 mins later kicked another guy to death, they attacked 7 people in all no-one was let off lightly, these "kids" were all under 20, there have been 3 occurences in 3 years or these rampages.

I was mugged in london a good few years ago by a gang of 4, the main problem was they sent kids of about 11 and 14 while these two monsters lurked in the back ground waiting for me to stand up for myself then it would have been the stabby stabby treatment for me, these days tho it's different, people are being stabbed first then having their money stolen, what chance do you have? it seems that a new level is emmerging, maybe it's something to do with kids being subjected to video games where people maim and kill and therefore they don't see a differnce between reality and the games I don't know but there IS a change in society. in the 80s there was massive crime, but it was more like the crime OZ sufferes robberies and car theft, now someone will simply stab you, take you keys and not have to break into the car, it's a frightening new low at a time the kids know the police won't touch them, it can only get worse all the time the government allows it, which it does, a perfect example is the case over here of Sally Ann Bowman, now rape and murder have always been here, but to rape the poor girl while she was dying, it's a sickening new low, maybe I'm getting old but there seems to be frightening new ways of commiting crime that just didn't seem to be there before and I don't see how it's going to stop or even improve, dark horizon to me, I don't feel I could bring kids up here and feel they were safe, if I had a child beaten up on a train in Oz I would know the outcome would have been graver here, OZ isn't a crime free place and bad things do happen, but not as frequently or as over the top as we seem to be having here.

Sorry if this post upset anyone, i'm trying to give a view of how backwards this place seems to be (and going), it's good to hear from a teenager out there who can see the bad side too, if I was approcahed by a group of 15year olds in adelaide I'd expect to be asked directions, over here I'd expect to be stabbed several times, probably just for their amusement.

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill

so sorry to here about your cousin hope he is well on the way to recovery. Also hope these thugs get what they deserve but I have to say I think it is unlikly probably be back at school next week!!!!:sad: Good luck for the X-rays

ali

Hi Ali

Thanks for message hunny!

Thought you had gone or is it just lucky Morgan?

Don't tell me you still have that journey to do on your own with the kids?

Been waiting to hear how it all went and to hear your news from the other side!

Take Care

Good luck with everything!

Keep in Touch

Gill

Guest scrash89

Those suburbs you listed above arent too bad, Im thinking stay away from morphett vale if you can. seaford and seaford rise are quite nice suburbs but they are around 45 minutes away from anything fun so i dont know how much your kids will enjoy them.

One of my supervisors at work moved over here from the UK last year and lives at seaford rise in a nice house and he seems to like it.

Its a good thing you have chosen to stay away from the northern suburbs aswell (elizabeth(s), davoren park, munno para, andrews farm, smithfield etc). The houses there are cheap for a reason.

I suppose you wont understand for sure the similarities and dissimilarities between the crime and gang violence between oz and the uk untill you actually get over here but it didnt seem that much different when i was over in the uk a couple of years ago, my cousins over there are a bit rough and i did see a few things over there that i wish i hadnt but i have seen plenty of things here to match them.

if i were to give you any advice it would be to try and stay away from public transport after dark especially on the weekend and friday nights. especially waiting around at train stations and bus stops and to try and send your kids to a decent school to try and keep them away from the wrong crowds. Drugs and underage drinking are a massive problem in adelaides public high schools but then again if they want to do it they will do it anyway. Its not like it doesnt happen in private schools as well.

I dont really know what more to say, im not trying to put you off moving to adelaide but im just saying that its not all fun and games here either...its definitely not perfect.

Ash.

Guest cunnah10
Those suburbs you listed above arent too bad, Im thinking stay away from morphett vale if you can. seaford and seaford rise are quite nice suburbs but they are around 45 minutes away from anything fun so i dont know how much your kids will enjoy them.

One of my supervisors at work moved over here from the UK last year and lives at seaford rise in a nice house and he seems to like it.

Its a good thing you have chosen to stay away from the northern suburbs aswell (elizabeth(s), davoren park, munno para, andrews farm, smithfield etc). The houses there are cheap for a reason.

I suppose you wont understand for sure the similarities and dissimilarities between the crime and gang violence between oz and the uk untill you actually get over here but it didnt seem that much different when i was over in the uk a couple of years ago, my cousins over there are a bit rough and i did see a few things over there that i wish i hadnt but i have seen plenty of things here to match them.

if i were to give you any advice it would be to try and stay away from public transport after dark especially on the weekend and friday nights. especially waiting around at train stations and bus stops and to try and send your kids to a decent school to try and keep them away from the wrong crowds. Drugs and underage drinking are a massive problem in adelaides public high schools but then again if they want to do it they will do it anyway. Its not like it doesnt happen in private schools as well.

I dont really know what more to say, im not trying to put you off moving to adelaide but im just saying that its not all fun and games here either...its definitely not perfect.

Ash.

Hi Ash

Thanks again for info!

I know what you are saying about the grass is not always greener and that Adelaide certainly isn't paradise without any problems!But we have to give it a go!We will certainly be on our guard as we would be inthe UK regarding certain situations!Travelling by public transport at night or alone etc...

Fortunately my husband and myself both drive and our kids will be ferried around as much as possible by ourselves!Finding a good school will be main priority!And believe me we are not people to take things lightly so if we have any trouble whatsoever with any other kids we will be in straight away to sort it out and if school doesn't sort it then we will(as we have done many a time in the UK already)

Drugs and alchohol will always be a problem werever we live in the world and all we can due is educate our kids and be on the ball watching them and hope that they listen to us!

But remember i maybe a mum myself now but i have also been a teenager once myself(need i say anymore)I'm hoping to be one step ahead of my kids!

Take care

Thanks again nice to hear from you!

Keep in touch

Gill

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SHELLEY32

Gill,

Tell Me About It. My 10 Year Old Son Was Also Attacked Leaving School. He Was Hit And Thrown Into The Road By His Neck And Just Missed A Moving Car. The Reason? Mindless Bullies Acting Big When They Are With Their Friends. Yet These Are The Bullies Who Bring Drugs Into The Schools And Get Away With It.

I Am So Fed Up With This Country Now That I Am Willing To Take Any Route To Get Out, And Give My 2 Kids A Better And Safer Life.

Am Looking Into 457 Visa At Moment Get A Potental Employer So Fingers Crossed I Can Give My Kids A Safer Life.

Shelley

Guest salisbury massive

Its a good thing you have chosen to stay away from the northern suburbs as well (elizabeth(s), davoren park, munno para, andrews farm, smithfield etc). The houses there are cheap for a reason.

Yep, its terribly dangerous up here in the North East, lets see last week a year 9 boy stabbed another in the thigh with a flick knife which needed 10 stitches, that was Golden Grove High School and this week 2 girls were set upon at Salisbury East by a gang of girls aged 13 - 16, 2 of which didn't even go to the school and beat them senseless. Even more worrying was the behaviour of the pack of kids watching who did nothing to help but stood around and filmed the attack on their mobile phones.

The suburbs named are not particularly refined and since you have only named southern suburbs it doesn't really matter but don't assume everywhere in the north is rough. We've got some nice places to live in the North East and yes, property prices are a good indication of area. If it looks cheap, there is usually a reason.

Jo