Passports

jim&nik

There's no cheap way, I'm afraid. Cost me nearly $300 for mine. Make an appointment and go to the nearest Post Office that deals with UK passports. They sort out your paperwork and send it off. The applications are sent to New Zealand to process, but the new passport comes from the UK. Sometimes takes about 6 weeks. You can download the forms, etc on the internet..

Has anyone tried to renew there English passport while here in Australia. If so what is the quickest, easiest and cheapest way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Jim can't help you with your question but wanted to ask you out of interest is that the ages of your children when you moved to Oz and how did they settle in?

Bal.

There's no cheap way, I'm afraid. Cost me nearly $300 for mine. Make an appointment and go to the nearest Post Office that deals with UK passports. They sort out your paperwork and send it off. The applications are sent to New Zealand to process, but the new passport comes from the UK. Sometimes takes about 6 weeks. You can download the forms, etc on the internet..

Sorry this is now wrong as they changed how to do this last week.You now fill in a form online and pay for your passport.I was 295 pounds for 2 yesterday and you then print out a declaration and send this with your last passport and photos to the uk.You only need your photo signed if you are a child.

There is currently a similar thread on Pomsinoz, The procedure has changed, you now have to go to the british gov website, complete the forms on line, print them and then post them off to the UK (Liverpool). Beware though that apparently you have to send all your passports this includes an Aus one if you hold one, I assume it will be returned with your new British one! Heres a link regarding duel citizenship http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/dualnationality/ should not be a worry as both Aus and UK allow duel citizenship.

No way around it I am afraid and it looks like you have to pay in pounds too.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry this is now wrong as they changed how to do this last week.You now fill in a form online and pay for your passport.I was 295 pounds for 2 yesterday and you then print out a declaration and send this with your last passport and photos to the uk.You only need your photo signed if you are a child.

Update just received a TXT saying my new passport will be delivered by DHL on 14/2/14 .So 24 days if this happens from sending to receipt of new Uk Passports.