Tour Down Under 2014

snifter

Anyone else been out and about enjoying the TDU this year?

So far for us its been a great week. We went to the TDU village in Victoria Square on Saturday for the opening and the team presentations. Fab afternoon and evening and we met a few cycling greats. Lots to keep us busy with all the stands, teams and so on.

Then hubby has cycled out to every stage (and has already left today to head to Willunga Hill). We've been to half of them (son and I) including yesterdays finish in Victor Harbor. We will be out for the final stage tomorrow but having a day off doing other things today.

A few pics from our days out so far.

These ones are all from the TDU village on Saturday for the team presentation

IMG_2144edit.jpg

IMG_2157edit.jpg

IMG_2190edit.jpg

IMG_2229eit.jpg

IMG_2284edit.jpg

Edited by snifter

And these are from Victor Harbor where the race finished yesterday. Fab day out. Hubby did the Bupa ride in a really quick time, arrived well before us in the car. Got a park less than a KM away from it all, great spot about 50m from the finish to see the riders come in. After the race hubby and son saw the presentations, I was lucky and got to meet Sir Chris Hoy! Lovely guy, signed the TDU guide for my son and had his pic snapped. Son has also met a few of his favourite cyclists including Richie Porte and Anna Meares. O and hubby was chuffed we ran into Jens Voigt on the opening Saturday.

IMG_2970edit.jpg

IMG_2992edit.jpg

IMG_2993edit.jpg

IMG_3091edit.jpg

IMG_3154edit.jpg

Our three are taking part in the Mini challenge tomorrow morning and as far as I can tell we should be able to hang around in the enclosure to watch the final stage so hoping to get a good spot, especially since we have to be in the city so early to get them registered. So we might see you milling around....

Our three are taking part in the Mini challenge tomorrow morning and as far as I can tell we should be able to hang around in the enclosure to watch the final stage so hoping to get a good spot, especially since we have to be in the city so early to get them registered. So we might see you milling around....

Our son is doingan event there also. He is going to be doing the kid races on a regular basis now his bike has arrived.

We will most likely see you there. We plan on spending the rest of the day in town to see the race and presentations etc and soak up the atmosphere at the village.

Rob keeps going on about it, maybe next year we will make it

Would be fab to see you here :biggrin: I plan to take the entire week off work so we can go to every stage. Hubby won't cycle to all of them next year either. A couple of the ones further out we'll drive to so we can make a day trip as a family.

Its been a really great week. As a cycling fan but not one of the lycra clad crew on road bikes, I've enjoyed the event overall, not just the cycling but the village, the organisation of it all, the other things going on through the week. Been really good to get stuck in and experience it all.