Parkside - Adelaide

Ktee

According to house hunting search engine, realestate.com.au, Adelaide's family-friendly Parkside has once again got the top gong on their Top Sellers' Markets shortlist.

South Australia has maintained a high level of demand from buyers and continues to be the most searched state in Australia.

Demand for property in NSW has also soared, with the Top Sellers' Markets information revealing four of the top ten suburbs are based in the harbour state - an increase from last quarter when it claimed just two of the top ten.

It compares the number of clicks on property listings against the number of available properties in that suburb to arrive at a supply vs. demand ratio.

The website's latest list shows just which Australian suburbs are popular with house hunters:

1. Parkside (SA)

2. Norwood (SA)

3. Mitcham (SA)

4. Freshwater (NSW)

5. Thornleigh (NSW)

6. St Peters (SA)

7. Burnside (SA)

8. Manly Vale (NSW)

9. Cherrybrook (NSW)

10. Stafford Heights (QLD)

Guest Claire-n-tel
It compares the number of clicks on property listings against the number of available properties in that suburb to arrive at a supply vs. demand ratio.

Does that really show a supply/demand ratio or if there are more people around like me it more likely shows the supply/nosey people dreaming where they might live if they ever win the lottery ratio?:biglaugh:

Wouldn't a truer supply demand ratio be property listings against number of offers or bids?

Does that really show a supply/demand ratio or if there are more people around like me it more likely shows the supply/nosey people dreaming where they might live if they ever win the lottery ratio?:biglaugh:

Ha, that would be helped by me. Only I am clicking up in the hills, not any of those suburbs.

Probably the suburbs that rich Chinese investors are looking in. Very few 'normal' people can afford to live in these areas.

It's a bit like saying Mayfair, Belgravia, Chelsea and South Kensington are the most sought after parts of London.

Edited by Anne B

I used to live in Parkside until my late teens. It wasn't as popular then, a lot of migrant families living on our street and great community feel to it. We sold our 2 bedroom maisonnette for $40k in 1980s and recently the same (but more modernised version) house sold for $630k. It is a good area for access to the city and great parks and local shops, schools etc.

Probably the suburbs that rich Chinese investors are looking in. Very few 'normal' people can afford to live in these areas.

I was chatting to someone recently and they were telling me their boss who is Chinese and bought the business they work at, paid cash for their house in Burnside. No wonder the Government/real estate agents are tripping over themselves to deal with the Chinese.