1 way tickets to Adelaide booked!!!

Guest MandiMR2

Absolutely had to share our news!!! :chatterbox:

We've just booked out 1 way flights. Leave the UK 23rd Feb!!! :biggrin:

Adelaide here we come!!!! :smile:

Excited?...Just allot!!!!! :jiggy:

Congratulations, MandiMR2! I wish you the very best of everything for your new life in Oz!

I also hope your airline has given you a 40kg extra baggage allowance for migrants to Oz on a one-way ticket. If not, get on the phone and ask for it! Check it out on google, if you're not sure, but quite a few regular Airlines offer it. I hope yours is one of them! Have fun! x

Adelaide welcomes you with open arms!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

How exciting chick!!!!!! Cu Sunday, i'll bring the e-mail from Singapore and it does say you can have double allowance if it's your first time travelling on your visa so this would be Leigh xx Their standard allowance is now 30KG so would be 60KG

Guest holliepop

hey,

I have booked with Singapore and have received an email that confirmed I would get only 40kg-this was their reply when I queried it-

Dear Ms. Hall,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that there has been a change in our baggage policy for

passengers who are migrating. As both the passengers hold an unused and

unstamped Visa for an indefinite stay, they will be eligible for an extra

10 kilos checked baggage allowance.

This will bring your total checked baggage allowance to 40 kilos, on

presenting the Visa at the airport at the time of check-in.

We appreciate your understanding in this regards and seek your

co-operation.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

So only 40kg not 60Kg as I first thought unfortunately! Still better than nothing though.

How exciting chick!!!!!! Cu Sunday, i'll bring the e-mail from Singapore and it does say you can have double allowance if it's your first time travelling on your visa so this would be Leigh xx Their standard allowance is now 30KG so would be 60KG

I don't think it is. I think they only give an extra 10kg, so 40kg migrant baggage.

Guest Rachael M Bowen
I don't think it is. I think they only give an extra 10kg, so 40kg migrant baggage.

I wonder of it depends on the type of visa..

This is what they state

"We are pleased to announce that Singapore Airlines have increased the baggage allowance for tickets issued in the UK, on or after September 2013, for travel to Australia or new Zealand.... they then say.... standard economy allowance has increased from 20kg to 30kg, business 30 to 40 and suite 40 to 50......kindly note if you hold an unused/unstamped/not validated migrant visa that specifically states that you are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely/permanently, you will then be entitled to the double baggage allowance. the double baggage allowance will only be granted when you check in at the airport when this visa is sighted and checked that it has also not been travelled on before, this has to be the first time it is being used"

so from that my understanding is that it would be 60kg flying economy as this is double the standard allowance???? I wonder if they will honour this statement!!!!????

It's permanent unvalidated visas generally.

That bit about the allowance was exactly what they quoted to me when I got my double allowance when it was 20 to 40kg. I've been reading elsewhere people saying they only get an extra 10kg since the allowance increased. So 40 instead of 30kg.

You may find it ok but I'd be wary. 60kg is a huge amount per person if say it's a family of 5 migrating. Given each bag can only carry 32kg maximum, would be a huge amount of luggage.

Eta - I would think it's possible you got a reply from someone who copied over an old bit of text not the more recent one they've been using since the standard increase. I've not read of anyone getting 60kg since the standard allowance went up but if you get it, great for you.

Edited by snifter

Guest MandiMR2

We're flying with Singapore airlines, who after hours of research came up the cheapest at £1,273-10 for 2 people, with extra 10kg luggage pp. which I think is pretty good.

Hello DougM, yes I received yr PM just not had time to reply yet, apologies.