Amazon selling book promoting child abuse!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Although the book does go way to far..... Some kids need way more punishment then others..... I got a good slap when I was young and I haven't murdered anyone or got scarred for life! All this lenient naughty step crap is why the youth of today are mostly idiots!

Did you get "a good slap" with a length of plastic tube bought specifically for the purpose, or with a branch from a tree that you'd had to choose yourself and were then beaten with every day? Or did you get a quick slap at the time of your misbehaviour and then moved on with your life? What these people are advocating is nothing short of mental torture, in my view.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Although the book does go way to far..... Some kids need way more punishment then others..... I got a good slap when I was young and I haven't murdered anyone or got scarred for life! All this lenient naughty step crap is why the youth of today are mostly idiots!

Yep getting an occassional smack didn't harm me either. But, this book advocates and promotes the systematic abuse of infants and children as young as 6 months, did you read the link??

one part talks about "training" a baby from 6 months by placing them on a blanket on the floor and every time it crawls or rolls off the blanket, slaping it and returning it to the blanket until the baby learns to stay there :mad:

I agree it does go too far but I find the comments, scroll down the link, even more interesting not unlike the following.

I think perhaps this is about individuals..I was smacked, however, I knew that what I did was wrong….playing in the dam when I was 5. I had been warned..lots of times, but it was hot and the cool muddy waters beckoned. Did I like being smacked…of course not….I wasn’t meant to like it…it hurt. My parents did not like smacking me either…they loved me, enough to smack me, for I was not going to listen to ‘reason’, or ‘time outs’, or loss of playtime/toys. I wasn’t a bad child, just determined at times. Dams are deadly, as are roads…do I thank my parents…you betcha. Did they smack me as a day to day ‘power play’….no, nor do 99% of parents who do smack. I have smacked my four children when they were young…(haven’t had to smack them since they were 5-6)…for things like road rules, hot water, spiders, snakes, window ledges, ovens, fences, but only if they do not heed warnings first. I need to know that if I shout out a warning, that, no matter what their ‘mood’, they will immediately stop. I’m not going to apologise, because I don’t have to. I have the results of my rearing and am proud of them…they are confident, honest, stand up for their beliefs, but do you know what? They are like their parents…they do not judge others for their choices…so if you believe in not smacking…don’t smack. If you believe in smacking, then smack..99% of kids will survive quite well either way.

As to the original article…I would be asking why it is so popular in the first place…from what I read, it is horrible.

We shouldn't tar all parents with the same brush.