Gym

Jay25

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi Jay, after much debate I joined Jetts - open 24/7 to suit all lifestyles and you can go in any throughout Adelaide (and Aus) quite cheap too.

I've always wondered how do those 24 hr gyms get insurance etc? What if something happens to you at 4am and there is noone but you there?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Nope.....only manned until about 8pm obviously time varies with gym, i know one chain has security cameras and give you and emergency alarm. Sounds like a disaster waiting ti happen

Guest Claire-n-tel
How long you been here Claire and how you finding it?

We been in Oz about 6 years now, loving life, although i think us loving life is more to do with loving life in general and not so much where we live.

Having said that we wouldn't choose to be somewhere else right now :smile:

We been in Oz about 6 years now, loving life, although i think us loving life is more to do with loving life in general and not so much where we live.

Having said that we wouldn't choose to be somewhere else right now :smile:

You sound real happy which is great stuff we live in modbury were about you guys from

I have to be in work at 7am so without gyms like Jetts I wouldnt be able to go and the last thing I could do was go after work at 6.30pm - wouldn't have the energy! I don't see it being unmanned as an issue, there's usually at least 3 people in there when I'm in.

Edited by TonyD
poor wording

Guest Claire-n-tel
I have to be in work at 7am so without gyms like Jetts I wouldnt be able to go and the last thing I could do was go after work at 6.30pm - wouldn't have the energy! I don't see it being unmanned as an issue, there's usually at least 3 people in there when I'm in.

It doesn't surprise me that there are others in it early in the morning, but then again lots of manned gyms open at 6 anyway. What i am talking about is you can go in at 3 in the morning when most likely you'll be the only one there. Also of those 3 other 'early people' in with you, one of them arrived first, how long were they alone before the next person arrived? Long enough to die of a heart attack, asthma attack, broken neck etc etc?

Guest Guest12727
It doesn't surprise me that there are others in it early in the morning, but then again lots of manned gyms open at 6 anyway. What i am talking about is you can go in at 3 in the morning when most likely you'll be the only one there. Also of those 3 other 'early people' in with you, one of them arrived first, how long were they alone before the next person arrived? Long enough to die of a heart attack, asthma attack, broken neck etc etc?

Interesting point. I hadn't really thought of this as Gym going at the best of times eludes me (even though I belong to one) let alone at such hours. I wonder if they are all monitored remotely? The company can employ one person to sit in front of a bank of TV screens in an office, covering all gyms. And there must be some-one, somewhere to be alerted by the button on the wall. Like you, I can't believe they would be allowed to operate without any surveillance, especially in Oz which is so H&S conscious.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Interesting point. I hadn't really thought of this as Gym going at the best of times eludes me (even though I belong to one) let alone at such hours. I wonder if they are all monitored remotely? The company can employ one person to sit in front of a bank of TV screens in an office, covering all gyms. And there must be some-one, somewhere to be alerted by the button on the wall. Like you, I can't believe they would be allowed to operate without any surveillance, especially in Oz which is so H&S conscious.

I'm not sure if they are all the same but one particular one states that the gym is monitered with 10 security cameras, i can't imagine that there are more than 1 or 2 people monitering the screens at one time and there are 43 clubs in SA so 1 person probably watching 200+ screens?!

You also get given an emergency alarm to wear so that you can call for help, cool if you break your ankle not so great for cardiac problems, major accidents etc?

Funlife in Ingle Farm is nice and friendly, reasonably priced and near Modbury.

We've been going a few months and find the staff are great.

I like the group fitness aswell as gym so it suits us. I did ask about the group classes at anytime fitness and was told they have 24 hour virtual group classes,

I can't imagine a virtual class, would that be the same as working out to a dvd mmmmmm not sure.

nikki...

Funlife in Ingle Farm is nice and friendly, reasonably priced and near Modbury.

We've been going a few months and find the staff are great.

I like the group fitness aswell as gym so it suits us. I did ask about the group classes at anytime fitness and was told they have 24 hour virtual group classes,

I can't imagine a virtual class, would that be the same as working out to a dvd mmmmmm not sure

nikki...

Is the funlife place a 24/7 gym?