Referred to as a Pom??

Guest Guest75

Hmmm actually I've never been called one, but funnily enough I have been called a sheila when I was back in UK, largely due to the fact that neighbours was a big export at the time and also Crocodile Dundee.:biglaugh: T, the middle one has only UKhe Uk gov only recognises me as a citizen by descent cos I was born in Saudi to English parents. 2 of my kids have UK by descent and aust citizenship, the middle one is only UK....very mixed up global trotters.

Guest Guest75
Hmmm actually I've never been called one, but funnily enough I have been called a sheila when I was back in UK, largely due to the fact that neighbours was a big export at the time and also Crocodile Dundee.:biglaugh: T, the middle one has only UKhe Uk gov only recognises me as a citizen by descent cos I was born in Saudi to English parents. 2 of my kids have UK by descent and aust citizenship, the middle one is only UK....very mixed up global trotters.

I actually imported a "Sheila"................that is Mrs Tykes first name:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest paul_smart

I'm more than happy with being called a POM, in fact I like the irony of it, and actually think that regardless of the originoal meaning us in the UK actually are the real POMS these days!!,

do you have to be a member of the other site or can you vote as a guest??

Guest Guest75
I'm more than happy with being called a POM, in fact I like the irony of it, and actually think that regardless of the originoal meaning us in the UK actually are the real POMS these days!!,

do you have to be a member of the other site or can you vote as a guest??

Not sure....you could always leave a comment in the thread though:D

Been called a POM quite a few times, or it'll be "is that the POM's wife" when my husbands friends from work phone.

Also been told in the past by an australian friend that "You tan quite well, for a POM"????:wideeyed:

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's never been said to mean offence, so I've never taken any.

Guest Martin and Val

We don't mind being called POMS, but when we finally get there and have totally immersed our selves in the Aussie way of life we would prefer to be known as Pomaussies. Sounds exotic doesn't it and kind of rolls off the tongue?

PomAussie :)