Flights booked!!!!!

Ashleigh

Congratulations, Ashleigh! Make sure you get your double baggage allowance with Singapore Airlines. They should be sending you an email to confirm. If not, get in touch and check it out. It's normal procedure for migrants on a one-way ticket with unactivated visas. This is such an exciting time in your lives. I know exactly how you're feeling.

I also suggest you pack a 4-socket power board in your baggage before you leave the UK, which will come in handy for hairdryers, straighteners, cameras, shavers, etc., until you get yourselves sorted out with Aussie appliances. I learned this tip from PIO, and it's been really great!

It's a bit hot in Adelaide at present, but it's a nice change from all the wind and rain and dreadful weather we've been getting in the south-west and south-east of England? Our own home, in St Leonards-on-Sea, near Hastings, East Sussex (which we're renting out while we're in Adelaide), backs onto high cliffs which have suffered substantial storm slippage this past week, and which we're being kept informed about by our neighbours (who're suffering the same devastation!). It's truly frightening, because a lot more torrential wind and rain is expected this weekend, so who knows what more damage will be done, but there's nothing we can do about it, except hope and pray....

Make the most of this magical time in your life, Ashleigh. It's pretty special. Ain't life grand? x

Edited by barbaitch

Hi both! We booked online direct, we 're not doing a stop over, we have gone for the flight with a 55 minute layover, just do it in one hit to get if over with!!! Not had anything from the airline yet but will keep my eye out, I think we have got 30 each initially!

oh no that's terrible, hopefully your house will be ok! Fingers crossed for you that there is no further damage - please keep us informed! The weather has been terrible here, the wind is so strong, nearly blew our little one over today walking through town!

thanks for the tips, will definitely do that! It's so exciting but I felt upset also, makes it

a bit more real with a date in mind and I'm so close to my parents and sister going to miss them so much but thank god for Skype!!