Donate button.

zealander

If admin added a "Donate Button" to the forum who would actually donate, I know I would. Just to give and receive advice and some of the info is priceless on here.

Also it would be cheeper to donate to the site than to buy magazines, just for the entertainment value.

Edited by zealander

Guest Claire-n-tel

Personally No, i would not donate.

who would the donation be to?

Do you mean donate to the cost of running the site? No, then i wouldn't donate, Forums as has been said before run on a give and take basis, yes you will always have those who tend to take more and those who tend to give more, but that is also true in life in general, would you expect someone to give you money if you gave road directions to of them, or in fact would you pay them for giving you directions? Wouldn't that be a sad world to live in? Also by the mere definition of givers/takers it is likely that any donations would end up coming from the givers.

i am pretty sure that even if 100 people say they would, if it actually came to it, it is doubtfull they would or, maybe a tiny amount once, so they could then claim "oh yes i donate" Also it is a difficult thing to actually set that up, Admin could charge for a service if they wished to (although they have said they do not want to) but to set up for people to just donate to you is a complicated thing.

Or do you mean that people could donate to a registered charity via a donate button? If this was just a button permanantly on the site then

no i still wouldn't, that may sound harsh but i have my own chosen charities whom i support, chosen for personal reasons, as i am sure many other people do.

I'm not sure if someone would be allowed to ask for people to sponsor them on the site if you were doing a specific event say a run or something, that is something i would consider donating to on a case by case basis just as i would be able to do if i was asked in person.

So all in all i am not ashamed to say that Nope, i wouldn't use a donate button on here:smile:

Edited by Claire-n-tel

Hi Claire - I think practicality wise it would be a nightmare to administer and the owners have said they wouldn't do it. I've not seen any other forum do that either and could see membership dropping off like flies. I think the OP is just looking for some "entertainment value".

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi Claire - I think practicality wise it would be a nightmare to administer and the owners have said they wouldn't do it. I've not seen any other forum do that either and could see membership dropping off like flies. I think the OP is just looking for some "entertainment value".

Morning Toni :wubclub:, hmmm yep you could be right there!

Guest Guest75
Wasn't Tyke talking about setting up a donate feature for himself? :wink:

That would be handy!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

As I earn about less than a coffee a week if you look at any business from this forum.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As I earn about less than a coffee a week if you look at any business from this forum.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jee Tyke you must be doing something wrong, I got 98% of my business through the forum (before we owned it) I stopped doing it years ago when we moved interstate but I still have around 12 enquiries a day which are word of mouth.

Maybe we do need a donate to tyke button :wink:

If admin added a "Donate Button" to the forum who would actually donate, I know I would. Just to give and receive advice and some of the info is priceless on here.

Also it would be cheeper to donate to the site than to buy magazines, just for the entertainment value.

We have been hassled to do this on the larger forum and I believe one of the other larger migration forums does something like a premier membership where you get an avatar, extra email allowance etc. I've always said no. We did consider having a donate button which would be set up for cancer (as you know this is close to my heart) but the rules and regulations that are in place would mean more paperwork etc.

Lets face it the business members all got up in arms about other people coming on to promote their business but when we stopped all advertising and made a charge from 96p a week (which lets face it where else would you get to advertise to such a wide audience for that amount) only one member was interested.

Guest Guest12727

Poor Tyke, I can hear the violins.

Everyone knows that people have rental properties for the negative gearing and the longer term investment. I wouldn't expect you to make a profit - then you would have to pay tax!!

Guest Guest75
Poor Tyke, I can hear the violins.

Everyone knows that people have rental properties for the negative gearing and the longer term investment. I wouldn't expect you to make a profit - then you would have to pay tax!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Careful now ....I hear that sharp wit gives terrible papercuts................:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Bring back "Chicken Clicking" I say!!! Most of you young Plebs won't remember that forum craze!!!

can you even give someone "rep" anymore, it is still there below your avatar but does it do anything?

Guest Guest75
can you even give someone "rep" anymore, it is still there below your avatar but does it do anything?

Yep,it still works - just give you one...................rep that is.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Good job I'm not an MP then!!!!!!:tongue::tongue:

Hmmmm yes following a huge investigation was found that the police made it up and falsified statements, one of the officers just got sent down for 12 months!

Edited by Claire-n-tel
Spelling.....what else!