Has anyone tried Amazon drop shipping?

Guest BradClark

Guest BradClark

My wife and I were talking about this the other day. She was telling me that during the day I'm teaching Oral ESL while she is at an office job and in the evenings I'm just sitting about the home. She always tells me idle time is not productive time, etc, etc.

I know Etsy is an easy way to make a side income. My sister does that, she goes around to garage sales and gets cheap nick nacks, cleans them up or merges them into something different. She's pretty clever, lets just say the artistic gene in our family didn't reach my DNA, it stopped with her.

I did think about those cheap t-shirt stores where you can get touristy junk clothing, but by the time you add in shipping costs to send it all the way to a customer in America or elsewhere, you are at a minus. Kind of defeats the purpose of doing this in the first place. I guess the retail stores back home must be buying these cheap clothes by the container load.

Or they are making a loss on these items, but using it as a cheap thing to get more customers into their stores and up sell them on the more expensive quality items? I've no idea how big business works these days, I'm surprised more haven’t gone bust with the way everything is shifting to online.

I have an Uncle that does paintings, brush style artwork or what ever you call that, dunno as I said I'm not an arty sort of guy. He sells them from his studio which is a small shed down the back garden. He has a sign on the side gate and all the locals know he sells them. I phoned him up and asks if he sells them on the internet, he said nah too old to work out this young generation technology haha.

I did start to look into doing some Ebay & Amazon selling. I do know that the competition is tough on there but I figured I can make more interesting stories than the other sellers. I'm following the video training course. It's simple enough to follow for a dumb bugger like me. I should be able to price stuff at a decent enough price that undercuts the other guys in theory.

I'll keep on going with this, I know nothing in life is an overnight thing. Even with my real world job of Oral ESL teaching, I had to work my way up though the pay grades to get to where I am today. So there is no way in hell I'm going to be giving up that any time soon.

I am curious though, has anyone done anything like this before?

If this only does beer money amounts, then I guess that would keep the wife happy (idle time is not productive time and all that). Even enough to buy me a few cold beers would be great. :biggrin:

Edited by Blossom
Removal of external link

• 2 weeks later...