blightys

Guest lollypops1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest75
Ohhhh dear. The new one in glenelg shouldn't be too far away. I think someone said about Easter?

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but at present the Glenelg project will not be happening .

Another 'English' fish and chip shop has opened (temporarily!) in Adelaide at the Garden of Unearthly Delights. I didn't realise calamari was now on the menu in the UK, I will look forward to a serve on my trip over there soon! :biggrin:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7563[/ATTACH]

And salad lol.

Guest dingding66

Sad about the Chippy's one of the guys that ran BLIGHTY'S did say so me he yearned to go back to where the green green grass is lush he said that to me a few months back and he had been given a job offer he could not refuse .

Just wanted to add they do Norweigon cod in the chippy at Port Nor is yummy as well :wink:

Guest lollypops1
ohh dear well just passing it on that was all !!

The owner was a bit of a story teller as he put all over the fb page that he had this fab job that wa in dec! An yet he was still at blightys last week!!!

Guest Guest75

It has ceased trading by the looks of it. They "owner" has a bit of something to do with it still but trying to offload the equipment / get any money back.

It was always in the wrong place really I'm afraid.

Guest Claire-n-tel
I want a Chinese chippy, with half/half n curry sauce (even though the chinese guy in our office says chinese don't do curry).

It depends on the area of china......some definatly do!

Half/half....chips and rice?

Guest Sam M

Hi, I was up at the Hub yesterday and a guy was taking signs down in the shop so I asked him what was going on.

He said there just wasn't enough business for it to stay open, as far as he knows it has not been sold to anyone yet.

The owners are now back in the UK.

A lot of people disliked the owner and his attitude towards customers.

The British chippy in Birkdale (Brisbane) does a roaring trade, appears to be more customer friendly though, even has a couple of themed nights each week, like Scottish Night, to appeal to differing groups, a very varied menu too to go with it, haggis, deep fried Mars Bars, black and white pudding.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm going this weekend now!

Guest dingding66

Had the Norweigon cod in the Port Noarlunga is delicious and they do curry sauce too chip's could be a bit thicker but very yummy lot's of English folk go there to get

there fish and chips ideal location we thought by the beach good feel we liked it allot .... http://www.yelp.com.au/biz_photos/port-noarlunga-fish-and-chips-port-noarlunga?filter_by_userid=True&select=ftvjdc5L64foNERMTtHpEw&userid=_EU6YP-uXfjwSx7hIIzxlg#ftvjdc5L64foNERMTtHpEw