Two weeks in, and so glad we made this move

Caz and Ian

Well, cant believe been in Adelaide nearly two weeks and what a two weeks it's been. Loving the Adelaide vibe and it's just such a lovely place to be. Enjoying the weather, relaxed nature, and overall feel of the place. Getting through the to do list, and secured a long term rental so at least wont be homeless in two weeks. Having a job interview this week, brought a car,son has started school and its all coming together. Cant believe this is home now after all that planning, but so worth it, so much to see and do, cant wait X

:wink:

Guest LadyBug

Congrats on your move! I really admire every single person who leaves everything behind and have the guts to start all over again. Please keep us updated and tell us more about your first days. We will appreciate any advice. Good luck! :wubclub:

Well, cant believe been in Adelaide nearly two weeks and what a two weeks it's been. Loving the Adelaide vibe and it's just such a lovely place to be. Enjoying the weather, relaxed nature, and overall feel of the place. Getting through the to do list, and secured a long term rental so at least wont be homeless in two weeks. Having a job interview this week, brought a car,son has started school and its all coming together. Cant believe this is home now after all that planning, but so worth it, so much to see and do, cant wait X

Congratulations. . How inspiring your words are.. you don't know how it had a positive impact on me after reading so much discouraging posts.. am waiting for the big grant ..Can't wait for the day when I materialise my dream and efforts. . Congrats again and keep us updated please . keep inspiring us please.

Cheers,

Hi Lady Bug

I totally agree, it takes so much guts to go and its really nice to hear from everyone and hear their experiences. Sometimes it seems so hard and far away when your planning the move!

Caz and Ian

I look forward to your updates and to how your are getting on. We are moving to Moana at the end of April, so its getting so so close!!!

Sue

Hi Sue, I felt quite stressed from about 4 weeks before we left, especially all the goodbyes and it was almost a relief to get on that plane as we felt stripped of everything we had which makes you feel vulnerable, but you got to stay positive an its just part of the process. Just take it day by day otherwise you wouldn't do anything, and it is so lovely here so stay focused, if I can do it then anyone can. X

Welcome we are in port noarlunga too glad u are enjoying it what school is your son at ?

UOTE=Caz and Ian;289570]Hi Sue, I felt quite stressed from about 4 weeks before we left, especially all the goodbyes and it was almost a relief to get on that plane as we felt stripped of everything we had which makes you feel vulnerable, but you got to stay positive an its just part of the process. Just take it day by day otherwise you wouldn't do anything, and it is so lovely here so stay focused, if I can do it then anyone can. X

Hi Guys,

So lovely to read such a positive post and really pleased you have settled in well, we are due to fly out mid April and reading this has really helped.

Bal.

Hi

So glad your enjoying it so far and you seem to have done so much! We are still planning to come out around the end of April and things are getting a bit stressful. We cannot wait to start our new life and wish you all the best.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Please be in touch when you get a date and would love to meet up with you too when you get there as we will be there befreoo you.

bal

x

Hi Bal

Good luck with your move. I will definitely be in touch and let you know how we are getting on. We are at the stressful end here with move dates, finishing work and it looks quite like our final few weeks will be spent in a hotel (Well most likely a Premier Inn!!!) I don't know about you but its really beginning to feel so real, I think after so much planning its hard to believe it is actually about to happen.

Have you managed to secure a rental?

Sue x

Hi Bal

Good luck with your move. I will definitely be in touch and let you know how we are getting on. We are at the stressful end here with move dates, finishing work and it looks quite like our final few weeks will be spent in a hotel (Well most likely a Premier Inn!!!) I don't know about you but its really beginning to feel so real, I think after so much planning its hard to believe it is actually about to happen.

Sue x

Sue,

I know exactly what you are saying we have finally managed to exchange contracts today and complete on friday and I have booked flights today for April 13th we are lucky the people buying our house are not moving in straight away so we can stay in house until the 13th and as of the 8th May we do not have anywhere booked but 3-4 weeks should be long enough to find a rental shouldn't it??

I have also finished work today after 21 years at the same job I seem to have have spent the whole of 2014 crying so far with Visa, house sale etc etc!!

Yes Sue stay in touch.

Bal

xx

Hi Bal

I know what you are saying its manic here! We are looking to exchange soon and our buyers want to be in ASAP. We have to move out and its coming round quick, but whatever we will get by.

I have worked for my company for the last 11 years and it does feel strange. It must be really hard after 21 years, but I am sure we will all love it when we finally get out there.

I have still got to my mum and dad to give the final dates, which I am not looking forward to. However, we have today arranged a leaving party for our boys for a week on Saturday, with a disco and inflatable boxing ring and gloves!!!

I will let you know our flight dates when we book them and it will be great to meet up when we move.

Sue x

Guest Guest75
Sue,

I know exactly what you are saying we have finally managed to exchange contracts today and complete on friday and I have booked flights today for April 13th we are lucky the people buying our house are not moving in straight away so we can stay in house until the 13th and as of the 8th May we do not have anywhere booked but 3-4 weeks should be long enough to find a rental shouldn't it??

3 - 4 weeks in a furnished rental should be OK. If you have no really special requirements in a long term rental that limits availability.

4 weeks average is standard for our guests.

Guest Spratnat

Hi Caz, so glad to read your post, I've been wondering how you've been getting on. So glad it's all going well for you. Was the interview for flinders, I thought it was lovely hospital. Let me know how you get on! Just waiting for ANMAC to be finalised then can put in our EOI! Did you get aphra sorted? I'm dreading that, it sounds a nightmare? Keep us updated as to how you are getting on, it's great to hear positive news! Nat x

Hi Jessica ,

Job interview went well, Im a neonatal nurse so look after premature babies, hoping to start beginning of May, so going to make the most of this time off, have been in touch with this hospital for several months prior to coming out and its paid off. thanks for your reply X

Hi Nat,

Yes it was for flinders and I really liked the hospital and unit, seemed quite new and people were nice. Still waiting for AHPRA registration, beyond a joke now, however the final piece of info they wanted has been sent to them and they are supposed to be reviewing my application 30th March so will see. I have told them I have a job offer but just got to wait, hope to start beginning of may. It is such a lovely place here and some peoples kindness is unbelievable. Hopefully your ANMAC wont take long, it seem to whizz by from then on, did you get your IELTS that you needed, cant remember X

Hi Bal

Sue x

I LOVE Premier Inn! We've stayed in both P-Inn and T-Lodge a few times over the years and Premier Inn beats T-Lodge hands down for various reasons: not least the fab beds and crisp, clean white sheets and fluffy white towels in bathroom! Such great value for money, too. Oh, and staff always helpful and friendly, in our experience.

All those sleepless nights and stressful days will start to become memories the moment you buckle up your seatbelt on that plane on departure day, as you begin the next chapter of your new life!

Good luck, SMKD75, and everyone else in the final stages of preparing to make the Big Move Down Under!!

I LOVE Premier Inn! We've stayed in both P-Inn and T-Lodge a few times over the years and Premier Inn beats T-Lodge hands down for various reasons: not least the fab beds and crisp, clean white sheets and fluffy white towels in bathroom! Such great value for money, too. Oh, and staff always helpful and friendly, in our experience.

All those sleepless nights and stressful days will start to become memories the moment you buckle up your seatbelt on that plane on departure day, as you begin the next chapter of your new life!

Good luck, SMKD75, and everyone else in the final stages of preparing to make the Big Move Down Under!!

Many thanks and I am actually looking forward to a relax in a Hotel just before we come out! For my boys the best thing about Premier Inns are the English breakfasts!! I am not looking forward to the goodbyes, but I am so looking forward to getting on the plane.

Best wishes also to everyone who are about to move out or planning to move out.

Guest Spratnat

Re: IELTS, unfortunately I am having to do it again on 12 April :( So frustrating, I got my writing up to a 8.5 but then dropped my reading down to 7.5!!!!! .5 of a mark that's what's standing between me & a visa!!! So doing it again for third time & practising like crazy, I know what it us though, it's the silly false & not given section as I keep getting those the wrong way round, apparently we English read too much into it ?!?!?!! So fingers crossed. Haven't got ANMAC back yet so for tinsel it's not held us up yet but I've really got to get the 8's this time! What was the extra bit of information you needed for aphra and was it easy to get? Sounds like it's been a nightmare for everyone? Hopefully you'll get it soon & you can start working!! In the meantime you can enjoy the sunshine, Nat xx

Hi Nat,

Yes it was for flinders and I really liked the hospital and unit, seemed quite new and people were nice. Still waiting for AHPRA registration, beyond a joke now, however the final piece of info they wanted has been sent to them and they are supposed to be reviewing my application 30th March so will see. I have told them I have a job offer but just got to wait, hope to start beginning of may. It is such a lovely place here and some peoples kindness is unbelievable. Hopefully your ANMAC wont take long, it seem to whizz by from then on, did you get your IELTS that you needed, cant remember X