Car Buyers beware - Car dealer on main north rd, salsbury park!!

Guest Theboym

Guest Theboym

After spending $30,000 on a mercedes van for work, it's since been stalling, running rough, oil leak, suspension issues, warning lights coming on, and that's just for starters!

Ive now owned it for 2 months and its like talking to a brick wall dealing with their service department. The manager is a rude, know it all jobs worth. The don't reply or acknowledge emails or care how long I'm off the road, being self employed that's GREAT!

for an raa approved repairer, they are not giving theirselves a good reputation when I've got to pay $400 for an actual raa inspection to pick up on all the issues they have missed (or just don't care about). Then I've got to pay another $120 to the raa for a follow up inspection to make sure they have done the job properly?? Hang on a minute. Also when informed about the van cutting out at major intersections they put it on their computer but said no problems and gave it back. I then took it to mercedes for a second opinion and was informed there was a whole range of faults to be looked at, which they did at $222.00, to which the manager said they would certainly not pay for that! All this is within the 3 month warranty period, a joke that is.

At at this moment in time I am expecting to be picking the van up today as they have supposedly done some of the bits on it but I'm really not confident it would have even been in on the pit. Another 4 days no transport and taxis, late starts and early finishes to drop off and pick up.

all I want is a reliable motor and I'm telling you now I'm over it.

Frustrated ain't the word! Anyone else had had a drama with these cowboys??

Dano

**Moderator's Note: Please do not name and shame on the open forum - anyone wanting to know the name of the dealers, please contact the OP via PM**

Edited by Diane

• 3 weeks later...