Ben & jerry's in adelaide!!!!!!!

Guest *Alice*

Guest *Alice*

Eeeekkkk!! As if being a Friday isn't good enough....

BEN AND JERRYS IS FINALLY IN ADELAIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news of the week!!! ????

Woooohoooo!!!

image.jpg

Gee it's only ice cream! thought it was only 5 year olds that get so excited about such junk! maybe, and it's a big maybe, a holiday treat for me! but the occasional 30cent McDonalds soft serve does me just fine.

Ah some of us grown ups can find a bit of excitement in foodstuffs. I still have to nip into a sweet shop if I spy the penny shrimps in the window. Oooo and white choc mice and fried eggs. No harm in it. Ben & Jerry's for some, is a nice treat, if you like it and if it's around, why not. I'd not pay for a mcd's soft whip thing ever. It's all personal preference isn't it :)

Guest Guest12727
Gee it's only ice cream! thought it was only 5 year olds that get so excited about such junk! maybe, and it's a big maybe, a holiday treat for me! but the occasional 30cent McDonalds soft serve does me just fine.

You are joking.

Ice cream is the best food in the world and Ben and Jerry's is up there with the best. Mmmmm, Mothers Day this weekend and my birthday soon - might just put in an order.

Agree with Snifter though on the price. Had one in Manly 18months ago and it was about $6.50 for a cone. But it was delicious.

(I stopped eating Maccas soft serve and thick shakes about 20 years ago when I heard it was made from pig fat and not dairy at all)

Guest *Alice*
Ah some of us grown ups can find a bit of excitement in foodstuffs. I still have to nip into a sweet shop if I spy the penny shrimps in the window. Oooo and white choc mice and fried eggs. No harm in it. Ben & Jerry's for some, is a nice treat, if you like it and if it's around, why not. I'd not pay for a mcd's soft whip thing ever. It's all personal preference isn't it :)

Exactly! It wouldn't do if everyone was the same now would it!?

Im sure a few people will be happy to know it's here now! It's everywhere else in the state so it's about time it came here!!!

I know where I'll be going after work ?

It's junk, or at least some of what they put in is, and there's no getting away from it. I am not by any description a junk food junkie, I have had one McD burger in 15 years, about 5 KFC and subway's (nearly all during working time travelling) and maybe just into double figures with Pizza, its all non-essential and expensive junk, and no way would I make any sort of journey to just to get one. Come on guys there are better ways to enjoy life than drooling over a crappy ice cream.

But, like snifter says there is some fun to be had by adults with food stuff!!:notworthy:

Guest *Alice*

Just bought my supply! No time like the present!! It's reasonably priced actually, $11:95 for the bigger size 425mls! I expected a lot more as it's an expensive ice cream in England anyways! They have a bigger range than I thought too! Woohoo!!! ??

Guest Guest12727
It's junk, or at least some of what they put in is, and there's no getting away from it. I am not by any description a junk food junkie, I have had one McD burger in 15 years, about 5 KFC and subway's (nearly all during working time travelling) and maybe just into double figures with Pizza, its all non-essential and expensive junk, and no way would I make any sort of journey to just to get one. Come on guys there are better ways to enjoy life than drooling over a crappy ice cream.

Your halo must be very heavy :wink:

Yayayayayayayayayay!!!!

Even more reason to be coming home later this year :)

They are definitely treat ice creams at that price (although it is on par with what they charge here in London for a tub - almost £5 at some supermarkets) but hey who can knock back a Ben & Jerry's......they have some amazing combinations and I just hope they have a good selection (London has a decent selection but when we were in the States OMG their choice is AMAZING!).

For all those B&J fans out there enjoy :)

Guest Guest12727
Yuc!.....i hate ben and jerrys!.....

I live 1 minute walk from a copenhagen shop :notworthy: (a bit toooooo near really!)

I worked at the first Royal Copenhagen shop in Adelaide, it was in Hindley St, isn't there anymore.

Used to go from Uni to work, icecream for dinner - yum.

Also made the icecream, and would make my own special versions to take home. Those were the days.

Thanks for the tip. They have it at our local shopping centre at Unley in the continental shop. They have a maple one which sounds nice but they didn't have it in the small size so we could taste it. They also have the Vanilla one which is usually my favourite flavour as long as it is made with the vanilla bean. The peanut one sounds great but they didn't have it.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in Dubai Airport and in the lounge there is complimentary (very handy!!!!!) Haagen Dazs ice cream, I didn't realise how much I missed it and how good it is.

Can you get that in S Australia?

Not that I've ever seen :-(

(goes off to contemplate a trip to Dubai...)

• 3 months later...