South Australian provisional visa holders seeking a 190 – Skilled Nominated permanen

Guest seba771

Guest seba771

Permanent state nomination for South Australian provisional visa holders

From 14 May until 15 June 2014, people who hold a South Australian state nominated provisional visa (subclass 489, 475, 487 and 495 only), who are living and working in the state can apply for a 190 - Skilled Nominated Permanent visa through Immigration South Australia.

This trial program enables people who have already secured a provisional state nominated visa to apply for a permanent visa through the same program.

Before you apply

You should make sure you are aware of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection cost associated with the 190 - Skilled Nominated visa. For a single applicant the minimum application cost is $3520 compared to the $370 for the 887 – Skilled Regional visa. For a complete list of charges visit:immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx

If you have already lodged an 887- Skilled Regional Permanent visa you should continue with this application.

Only South Australian provisional state nominated visa holders may apply through this program. All other states and territories provisional visa holders do not qualify.

State nominated applications made under this trial program will be priority processed. The trial program will run from 14 May until 15 June 2014 or until the nomination quota has been reached.

You must meet all the provisional visa holder requirements, no exemptions will be granted.

Not sure if this pathway is right for you?

Find out more about the benefits of permanent residency including access to Medicare and local study fees and read about the features and requirements of the 190 – Skilled Nominated visa.

If you require further advice you may wish to consult a registered migration agent through mara.gov.au.

How to apply

1. Submit an expression of interest through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) SkillSelect system - you must select the 190 – Skilled Nominated visa and choose South Australia as your preferred migration state.

2. Create an Immigration South Australia account and lodge a state nomination application with Immigration South Australia.

3. If you are granted state nomination you will receive a visa invitation from the DIBP.

4. Submit your 190 - Skilled Nominated visa application with DIBP.

Source: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/news%20and%20events

Elegibility requirements: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/EligibilityRequirementsSouthAustralianProvisionalVisaHoldersSeeking190.pdf

Enjoy it!! :)

Bro please I saw this on the SA site also could you please explain more about it I have a 489 visa n initial entry date is 2nd Aug will be landing on 30th July my question is can I apply for the 190 visa now through the new procedure n what are the consequences for it .

Thanks

Bro please I saw this on the SA site also could you please explain more about it I have a 489 visa n initial entry date is 2nd Aug will be landing on 30th July my question is can I apply for the 190 visa now through the new procedure n what are the consequences for it .

Thanks

From 14 May until 15 June 2014, people who hold a South Australian state nominated provisional visa (subclass 489, 475, 487 and 495 only), who are living and working in the state can apply for a 190 - Skilled Nominated Permanent visa through Immigration South Australia. - See more at: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/news-gossip/42320-south-australian-provisional-visa-holders-seeking-190-skilled-nominated-permanen.html#sthash.53Amo6tn.dpuf

I hope highlighted part of text helps you.

Guys,

I had a chat with immigration about this and here is what I heard.

1) Even if you skills assessment is expired or so if you have a valid assessment SA immigration will be sponsoring you. (Even if your assessment code is missing in state nominated list)

2) For EOI and DIBP process all remains same. You need to have everything valid.

3) IELTS expiry is 3 years. If you got it passed 3 years you need to go through IELTS again to attain 6 in all bands.

4) MOST IMPORTANT---> After 190 Visa you will again get bound to staying in regional area of sponsorship for 2 years.

Hope that clarifies all.

Guest seba771
Guys,

I had a chat with immigration about this and here is what I heard.

1) Even if you skills assessment is expired or so if you have a valid assessment SA immigration will be sponsoring you. (Even if your assessment code is missing in state nominated list)

2) For EOI and DIBP process all remains same. You need to have everything valid.

3) IELTS expiry is 3 years. If you got it passed 3 years you need to go through IELTS again to attain 6 in all bands.

4) MOST IMPORTANT---> After 190 Visa you will again get bound to staying in regional area of sponsorship for 2 years.

Hope that clarifies all.

Point 4 is an obligation, not a legal requirement.

Legally there is no distinction between PRs

Hello All

When we saw the information from Immigration SA advising us that we had the option to apply for a 190 permanent visa earlier than September 2015 we decided to put in an application, that was until I noted the cost ............. $3520 for the main applicant, $1760 for the second applicant and additional applicant under 18 $880. A total of $6160 which is on top of all the costs we have already paid for the 489 visa, skills assessment, IELTS tests, migration agent etc. We have decided to wait until next year and apply for the 887 visa at a cost of $650. Good luck to anyone that applies.

Jo

Guest Sundeep

Hai Blossom,

I have checked with South Australian Immigration about "state nominated Permanent Visa (subclass 190)" program.

As per the information Please find the Information below:

Requirements:

Primary applicant should be present in South Australia.

should be working in South Australia for min of 20 hours per week and min from 2 weeks.

should meet DIBP points.

Positive skilled assessment (they will accept if it is expired)

Ielts should have 6 in each and should be not more than thee years.

should have a nominated occupation in the state occupation list(it may have special conditions may apply)

so for people who have 489 visa under age 24 and come to SA and if they turn 25, they will get additional 5 points.

if people have 3 years work experience and got only 5 points and came here and have 5 years they can claim extra 5 points.

if people get IELTS 7 in each, they can apply.

Hai Blossom,

I have checked with South Australian Immigration about "state nominated Permanent Visa (subclass 190)" program.

As per the information Please find the Information below:

Requirements:

Primary applicant should be present in South Australia.

should be working in South Australia for min of 20 hours per week and min from 2 weeks.

should meet DIBP points.

Positive skilled assessment (they will accept if it is expired)

Ielts should have 6 in each and should be not more than thee years.

should have a nominated occupation in the state occupation list(it may have special conditions may apply)

so for people who have 489 visa under age 24 and come to SA and if they turn 25, they will get additional 5 points.

if people have 3 years work experience and got only 5 points and came here and have 5 years they can claim extra 5 points.

if people get IELTS 7 in each, they can apply.

Guys, there is a catch in the line I have highlighted.

SA immigration accepts the expired skills assessment but EOI do not. i.e EOI is controlled by DIBP and state nomination application is picked by SA.

For EOI to be approved it need to be valid. But for SA sponsorship application you need EOI id. For Skills assessment for renewing or getting a new one it takes 12 weeks (at least in ACS)

I spoke to SA immigration and DIBP regarding this and this is my conclusion.

Guys, Please ignore my previous message.

I have received an email from SA immigration that skills assessment can be expired but that should be positive. (DIBP gave me incorrect information stating that skill assessment have to be positive and valid (Not expired), may be both SA gov and DIBP have to sync on this). Taking email as written proof, I consider this information is correct.

This what I got from SA Immi

-Have a GSM skills assessment for an occupation on the current South Australian State Occupation List or South Australian Graduate List.Applicants can apply for “Special Conditions Apply” occupations. Immigration SA and DIBP will accept all GSM positive result Skills Assessments regardless of any validity period indicated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seba771
Guys, Please ignore my previous message.

I have received an email from SA immigration that skills assessment can be expired but that should be positive. (DIBP gave me incorrect information stating that skill assessment have to be positive and valid (Not expired), may be both SA gov and DIBP have to sync on this). Taking email as written proof, I consider this information is correct.

This what I got from SA Immi

-Have a GSM skills assessment for an occupation on the current South Australian State Occupation List or South Australian Graduate List.Applicants can apply for “Special Conditions Apply” occupations. Immigration SA and DIBP will accept all GSM positive result Skills Assessments regardless of any validity period indicated.

You are right Byrash. I got the same answer from DIAC but be careful here, Diac do accept the skill assessment as valid (even if it's expired) but will assess you with the new ACS rules to give you the work experience points.

You need to check the new rules before submitting your EOI because if your points are not correct your application will fail.

The new ACS rules are here: http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

In Page 5 will see that your first 2 years of work (even if you had them after your degree) are not considered as Skilled employment. This means that DIAC won't give you point for those years.

Careful!! or you'll lose more than 3000 dollars.