Extra pages in your UK passport

Sue29

Hi all, hoping anyone can help, I do fifo work overseas (4 weeks on 4 off) hence with visas everytime for the country I work in going into my passport its well on its way to being full. I goggled the UK passport office & you can get extra pages in if you send it back to UK but the time lines they give to UK & here will not be enough for my travels. I plan to go back to UK for a visit in October time & I could pop down to Durham book a appointment to get it done on the day if I can't do it here, if anyone knows or heard of this. My passport does not expire until 2019 & because I have been a ping ponger over the years & now working overseas my citzenship is just a pipe dream atm! As all the time out of the country just gets added on.

So just would like to know if I can get extra pages without sending my passport away back to the UK, maybe embassey over here, just like Australia House in London where we went to get our visas put in our passports back in 2009?

Cheers all, Sue

Hi all, hoping anyone can help, I do fifo work overseas (4 weeks on 4 off) hence with visas everytime for the country I work in going into my passport its well on its way to being full. I goggled the UK passport office & you can get extra pages in if you send it back to UK but the time lines they give to UK & here will not be enough for my travels. I plan to go back to UK for a visit in October time & I could pop down to Durham book a appointment to get it done on the day if I can't do it here, if anyone knows or heard of this. My passport does not expire until 2019 & because I have been a ping ponger over the years & now working overseas my citzenship is just a pipe dream atm! As all the time out of the country just gets added on.

So just would like to know if I can get extra pages without sending my passport away back to the UK, maybe embassey over here, just like Australia House in London where we went to get our visas put in our passports back in 2009?

Cheers all, Sue

I'm in a similar situation as yourself been in Adelaide since 2002 haven't spent enough days in Australia for citizenship due to work, current passport has 6 years to run but pages full, been advised here in the UAE (British consular) that page extensions are no longer available, and passport renewal is only undertaken in the UK with at least a 8 wk. turnaround which is not good( as they need to sight the old passport) and I need to travel on a regular basis. Two options are open to me .... book an appointment in the UK @ passport office (really don't want to travel to the UK @ present) or after speaking to UK passport call centre is apply for a second passport , now the application must be entered as a new passport (so you must supply all documents, ordinarily they would want to sight your original passport but due to my situation I'm unable to relinquish it for that length of time and was advised to get an official letter from my company(stamped signed my GM etc. etc. )stating reasons why I cannot present it, however there is a possibility that at some point in the application process they will request my present passport and at that time further negotiations may be necessary or even an interview @ a British consular near you, she assured me it is possible in some case's........it worth a try.......failing that UK for a couple of days

good luck 246