Frustration!

Guest paul_smart

Guest paul_smart

How do or did most of you cope with the hanging about?? I've only just started down the road, well a couple of months ago and i'm applying for a 176 (trying for 175) but to get this visa I have to give a great amount of detail regarding my experience and qualifications, the latter is not a problem, but I am waiting on 3 employers to give me confirmation of employment letters, only its been nearly 8 weeks since I contacted the first and 4 since I contacted the last, it's driving me up the wall :mad:

I just want to feel as though I have made SOME progress even the tiny step of having the TRA back, i'm tempted to send the documents anyway and to hell with the letters but I don't know if this will effect my chances of getting the visa I'm after, if this is step 1 how the hell am I going to cope with the later stages, if my hair wasn't already falling out so fast i'd pull it out grrrr!

I've rang all 3 in the last week but they don't Have to give me the letters so i don't want to harass them! ARGH!!:realmad:

Hi there,

it does get extremely frustrating, but all will come good in the end.

If you are looking for the references to prove your work history, you can get this by contacting the Inland Revenue and asking for a print out of all your national insurance contributions, this will show what has been paid and when and to whom. We were advised this by our agent, just in case we couldn't get our references, but this also helped to make up the CV, as trying to remember dates was hard, this also helped the companies that we were looking for the references from with the dates my OH worked with them.

Hope this helps

Guest Libby1971

Bribery and corruption!!!!!

My husband wanted to go to Oz for more than twenty years and yet getting the documents for the Skills Assessment made him say that it really wasn't worth it. This really is the hardest part - we finally got the letter we needed 3 months after asking for it. It drove me nuts, especially having to ask for it AGAIN really nicely when what I really wanted to say was ARE YOU STUPID? SEND ME THE LETTER NOOOOWWWWW or words to that effect :arghh::arghh:

You will cope and in the meantime take up reading of Mills and Boon books - they drive you almost as nuts as the visa process and if you can read one of those you can cope with anything. Or drink. Swear. Smoke. Rant.

I would like to say I am the proud owner nonetheless of many M&B books.

Libby

Guest mOZzy

we remember the TRA all too well :wacko: - a very looong process with lots of work involved!!! - ours took about 4 months!!!! with finding contacts of old companies and getting to sign something and getting the history together and write everything foolprove :goofy:

you will get there ... it IS a very long path to walk from beginning to end!

Guest Martin and Val

Just keep your chin up, it's a long old process that TRA bit as Mozzy said.

Once you get that part sorted things will begin to happen and each little step is a step closer.

Good luck with it all, it will happen!

Martin and Val

Guest Django

You've got a lot more of this waiting lark to put up with. At least in the early stages you can do positive stuff. When Tracey waited for her nurses reg to come back she got all of her skill assessment stuff together. When it did come back she could send the assessment stuff in and again while waiting prepared all the visa aplication.

The hard bit now is the CO has everything and so we have nothing to do but wait and sweat. We are kinda in limbo because there is nothing else we can do except twiddle our thumbs and hope.

Keep going it'll happen

Pete

Guest Guest75

No eas way around it I'm afraid.

Our process was extremely frustrating and took over 2 years:sad:

Just try and keep focussed.

Mrs Tyke and I always had an "Australian chat" meal once a week with the odd bottle of Aussie wine.You all need to talk to each other.:D

Guest Lulujim

Mrs Tyke and I always had an "Australian chat" meal once a week with the odd bottle of Aussie wine.You all need to talk to each other.:D

I LOVE that idea .. will start to implement this as part of our weekly routine!! Will be even better now the sun is coming out and might even be able to eat outdoors (ok - that's pushing it!!) x

Guest BAZnDAF

OMG, I feel lucky on this one.

I have an HNC and only needed to prove 6 years employment which was easy as I have been employed by the same employer for 7 years, I also needed to get a reference from my previous employer, but this is the same guy who is my manager now, as i worked for him for 5 years before the company was taken over.

guess i was lucky in that one.

Guest The Pottertons

Know just how you feel Paul. we are in the same boat at the moment. Waiting for all the references to come in is a nightmare. After all the hard work you do for your employers you'de think they'de have the decency to to make an effort!!! Luckily life is so busy for us at the moment that we've had little time to dwell on it- so keeping busy is the only advice i have! We tend to plan our weekends out too so as we are kept occupied and that way, as long as we are enjoying our last year here we are'nt going to get too worried! Take care Paul! Yvonne xx

Guest paul_smart
Hi there,

it does get extremely frustrating, but all will come good in the end.

If you are looking for the references to prove your work history, you can get this by contacting the Inland Revenue and asking for a print out of all your national insurance contributions, this will show what has been paid and when and to whom. We were advised this by our agent, just in case we couldn't get our references, but this also helped to make up the CV, as trying to remember dates was hard, this also helped the companies that we were looking for the references from with the dates my OH worked with them.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that, did it cost anything???

Guest paul_smart
Bribery and corruption!!!!!

My husband wanted to go to Oz for more than twenty years and yet getting the documents for the Skills Assessment made him say that it really wasn't worth it. This really is the hardest part - we finally got the letter we needed 3 months after asking for it. It drove me nuts, especially having to ask for it AGAIN really nicely when what I really wanted to say was ARE YOU STUPID? SEND ME THE LETTER NOOOOWWWWW or words to that effect :arghh::arghh:

You will cope and in the meantime take up reading of Mills and Boon books - they drive you almost as nuts as the visa process and if you can read one of those you can cope with anything. Or drink. Swear. Smoke. Rant.

I would like to say I am the proud owner nonetheless of many M&B books.

Libby

Hi Libby,

as ever words of wisdom!! it's actually good to know your husband felt the same way, tho i am far from giving up from applying. more like turning up uninvited and SHAKING the people involved, or doing a sit in until they type it there and then!!:)

Guest paul_smart
we remember the TRA all too well :wacko: - a very looong process with lots of work involved!!! - ours took about 4 months!!!! with finding contacts of old companies and getting to sign something and getting the history together and write everything foolprove :goofy:

you will get there ... it IS a very long path to walk from beginning to end!

hey Mozzie, well at least I know I'm prob only 2 months away eh?? glass half full here!!:)

Guest paul_smart

2 YEARS!!! well I'm a bit luckier as I was aiming for 18months from now so at least I'm kind of prepared for the long haul run in, it feels as tho i'm busy doing nothing at the moment now tho!

Guest paul_smart
OMG, I feel lucky on this one.

I have an HNC and only needed to prove 6 years employment which was easy as I have been employed by the same employer for 7 years, I also needed to get a reference from my previous employer, but this is the same guy who is my manager now, as i worked for him for 5 years before the company was taken over.

guess i was lucky in that one.

I have another problem supplying 6 years as for over a year within that time I was in OZ and only worked for a couple of firms, tracking some of them down will be a real pain, so I'm going to write and say I was asleep on the beach, I definitely won't be able to give the last 6 years but I've asked my employer that I did my apprenticeship with many moons ago, as that counts!! you were lucky to have a constant run of employment i think!