Scared........

srg73

..........but excited. Well tomorrow is a big day and the final piece of the jigsaw, handing my notice in to trigger a 3 month notice period! Now just to pack the house, book removals and look forward to our adventure starting in September.

S

I think that is the scariest part for me as well....knowing you are walking away from a regular income and stability in to the unknown, but hey. life's an adventure and we only get one shot at it. Hope it all goes well. We're not looking to move till April '15 but even now, I panic that each payday is one month less for saving for the move! I always think of this quote though to spur me on;

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Good luck.

Well, all done and now time to start getting excited as it is now happening!! As suspected everybody thus far wishing me well however a few also I suspect a little envious.

Obviously worried about giving up a well paid secure job but hopefully I can find that feeling of security again in Australia and have the added extra of living in 'The Lucky Country'

S

I remember that moment well - I had a 3 month notice period and it was a heck of a big step. It is totally natural to be scared. I think the biggest shock moment was booking the one way flights. That was the one bit that I felt was the final moment of commitment. Good luck :)

I remember that moment well - I had a 3 month notice period and it was a heck of a big step. It is totally natural to be scared. I think the biggest shock moment was booking the one way flights. That was the one bit that I felt was the final moment of commitment. Good luck :)

We did that a few weeks ago and this dictated when I handed my notice in. For some strange reason this did not worry me or booking the first 1 months accommodation as hey that's only money but quitting my job was a much bigger deal. I guess it confirms that I am very loyal to any employers.

S

Good luck - we are in the same boat - just working off my notice, handed it in end of may - officially leave 31st Aug but can fly out 20th July!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! (and scary if i am honest!!). Nice to know there are others in same position though!!

We're in the final 3 weeks now :-) fly out on 30th June. Had my moments of feeling scared too.

At one point if anyone mentioned Australia I'd get cold sweats and start worrying!

Now I can't wait!! I finished work last Friday and there's so much to do, so much to plan.

Good luck, maybe see you in the lucky country